Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it happened to me when upgrading from .67 to .73. Somehow my phone ... Handheld Guides forum

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it happened to me when upgrading from .67 to .73. Somehow my phone lost connection while upgrading. All I could c was an error msg: 505... I think. I got really scared and shaky. Whithout installing anything else I tried the whole thing again. And it didn't work the phone could not be detected. I unpluged and tried again selecting the phone manually and it worked. My phone was up in no time

trixified no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Device communications error encountered. [A:0x0000000E]

wow.. this just isnt helping...
    I'm suuure I'm doing something wrong.. someone please let me know..

- tom - no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Thumbs up Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Hello everyone,

I'm a MacBook Win Parallels user who just switched from K750 to Pearl. I've updated the software for pearl but I didn't like it. Then, I downgraded the OS. Just want to let you know:
    1. You can only do the downgrade Pearl OS only through a PC.
    2. For Pearl, I wiped off the old software using Jl_Cmder
    3. Just do the rest as said on the beginning of this thread, BUT you do NOT need to take off your battery!
    4. You might not see some options as Pentace said, but keep going.
    5. However, I didn't found the option to back up my software (pentace step 12). No need to worry about that, keep going.
    6. After it is done, be patient! It might take up to 30 minutes for Pearl to start up.
    7. You might need to worry or wiped off the software again, if nothing happen in 60 minutes
    8. Remember! this is for pearl! It might work for other devices, but never had experience w/ that.
    That's all, good luck with your attempt.
    - tom -

parsi no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for this useful thread ! It got me out of a hole.

kshak no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by trixified
    I have tried the above and have followed the instructions diligently 6 times (paid special attention to the instructions in red).
    I have a rogers branded black pearl.
    I am unable to get after the application loader installs the OS and core files. The device will attempt initialization and I will get "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation".

Also I have tried to use the javaloader application and it doesnt seem to detect the usb port correctly.
    It goes a bit fast but I am pretty sure it gets a connection error and does not wipe the bb pearl clean.

I will attempt on a diff computer tonight and hope it is a usb connection issue (doubtful since I am able to get DM to recognize the connection and winXP also recognizes the blackberry is connected.)

Do you guys think my device is Dead?

Any thoughts?

thanks,
    i've had exactly the same problem in trying to upgrade to os 4.2.1.66 from 4.2.0.64. when i follow the steps in this forum, i can restore only to the old version 0.64 and not to 1.66. if anyone has any comments, i'd apprecaite them!

snuggalife no está en línea Stack level 1

This post just saved my Blackberry...seriously...I thought I broke it for sure being stupid messing around with it and it completely bricked on me...thank you so much

opie2184 no está en línea Stack level 1

hey does this action erase all the phone numbers or is it just an restore of the last backup.

jeff930 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202D51EB

where do you find;

download the Blackberry java developers kit

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

opie: as long as you have a backup, no...if not, and you are at a white screen, then you've lost everything

jeff930: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/
    not sure what you want the jdk for

jeff930 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202D51EB

in response to the instructions: THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.

If you do not get it by the 3rd time.. download the Blackberry java developers kit and install it. once installed find the javaloader.exe file and move it into the c:\ directory
    MY BB 8700g(Dobson CellularOne) wont boot, just has a 'red slash through a battery'/ Any advice?

oladipo4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

thanks alot for this post....it helped me restore my phone....

anqelkay no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F62F80

worked gret for me.. thanks

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B

I did a wipe and 'started' the steps on a re-install and now I can't get anything. The only thing my pearl does is the led flashing red, no white screen, no nothing. What can I do? I was orinally trying to get bb messenger back on my phone, and was instructed from this site (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp) to install old os (tmo 4.2.064) to my pc to get bb messenger back on my phone. Well got it back on my phone and it also installed the complete old os to my phone. Now I can't seem to get it off I have tried everything I could think of. I have tried to re-download and reinstall 4.2.194., I have tried to reinstalling desktop manager, could someone help me. If I would have known that getting bb messneger would have caused this much trouble I would have left it completely alone!!!

glenbrgss no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218EFC5B

Problem solved!!!!! I just needed to reboot my pc!!!!!!

Cocha2oo no está en línea Stack level 1

It seems than i having all the problems with my BB.

the thing is than i´m having on my screen Device Error 400 and an only option to restar my BB but it return to the same screen.

The i follow the How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected steps to wipe out my 7100t but it didn´t work. I olso couldn´t download the Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier) because i´m all the way down in Colombia (that´s olso the reason for my bad english) and i don´t have a T.Mobile number to download it so i had to use some O2 OS for all the 7100x series(could this be my problem). Well after this i tried to use the javaloader -usb wipe but it seems tha because of the Device Error 400 it is unable to open a port. Then i use JL:Cmdr but anything hapen. There´s anything y can do to solve this???

please help me i just got the BB a week ago so hadn´t ejoy it.

LinkBacks (?)