Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Scrap that, I was being an idiot.... Handheld Guides forum

rmitch1985 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

Scrap that, I was being an idiot.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ok post back if you get stuck again

Right, I have tried twice now and it wont connect to USB. Selected USB option in connection settings but when you run AppLoader there is only the option for COM1 or COM3. Detect device does not work in options>connection settings or in AppLoader. ?

Also, do I need to delete the vendor.xml file? Not sure what is meant in the thread.(does exp. mean example?) I downloaded Blackberry Desktop Software from the Blackberry website.

PIN/ID
    ATA

yes, you should delete the vendor.xml file.
    try that and see if that works.
    sometimes it may take a few tries for the pc to connect to the bb....

the vendor.xml file will be located here: program files/common files/research in motion/apploader

I have tried repeatedly. Tried rebooting in between. Tried with battery in and out. The PC seems to be recognising it because when I plug in the blackberry I get a beep and then the blackberry device manager launches automatically - could this be the problem?

Finally it let me choose USB - PIN. This time it got to the 4th stage in the process (adding java applications) and has thrown this error

"A fatal error has occured while updating your device's software. Please Try again. Unspecified error encountered [J:0x0000000A]"

Know what this means? I will try again anyway.

PIN/ID
    ATA

just that you needed to start over to reload the software...
    im really sorry you are having such a tough time with this...

When I closed the AppLoader, it automatically started again saying there were updates for the BB. This time it worked perfectly.

Thank you so much for your help. If anything else happens I know where to come!

PIN/ID
    ATA

yay! glad you got it fixed

tsoulsby no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi there - Went to upgrade my 8700v - downloaded the latest 4.1 OS (UK Vodafone), renamed vendor.xml desktop manager started the upgrade process but it failed halfway - now the BB just flashes the light top right twice, either with the battery in or out - do I'm guessing the BB is toast now

PIN/ID
    ATA

nope...just start the process over. you should be ok

xvprflyboivx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30F53704

OMG! This is a life saver! I downloaded a theme OTA and my BB went ka-put and did the initializing screen continuously. I tried this ONE time and it brought my BB back to life. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD!!! Pinstack is awesome! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zerof no está en línea Stack level 1

At the point of the bb reinitializing (step 13 from instructions on page 1), how long it typically take on that reboot?

PIN/ID
    ATA

it has taken up to half an hour for me before...patience

paco07 no está en línea Stack level 1

guys , my bb 7100i says, error 507 and after a few minutes appears erros 350, i all ready try to fixed with the desktoop manager and doesn't work

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)