Page 1 of 68 123456 ... LastLast

Problem: When trying to re-install an operating system that constantly intializes, Desktop Manager will not ... Handheld Guides forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Advertisement

Problem: When trying to re-install an operating system that constantly intializes, Desktop Manager will not recognize the device.

Solution: The following walkthough!

Thank you to Pentace for this excellent walkthough:

FYI this will work for any handheld that constantly initializes.. aka the hourglass of doom.

1. Install the desktop software.
    2. Install the handheld software. (If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.)
    3. Pull the battery out of your device.
    4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
    5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
    6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
    7. Select the application loader icon.
    8. Select all software you want installed.
    9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
    10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
    11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
    12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
    13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.

THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.

If you do not get it by the 3rd time.. download the Blackberry java developers kit and install it. once installed find the javaloader.exe file and move it into the c:\ directory

Once it is under the c:\, go to start then run and type. cmd.exe

After the command prompt apears type in "c:\javaloader -usb wipe" to wipe the handheld

*The reason I have highlighted Step 13 is that this is very important to do BEFORE the DM tries to re-start your device because it WILL NOT re-intialize your device IF THE BATTERY IS NOT IN YOUR DEVICE.
    Last edited by N8DBB; 09-22-2006 at 12:04 PM.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Thanks N8 and pentace for this. This is useful info to keep handy.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Yeah, I figured that this needed its own post since it's been referred to several times here and I am tired of always going to search through my old threads that I started (Cause thats the only place I know of for sure where it is) and scrolling through all of them to find it...Therefore, it will now have its own space here where it can be quickly found.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thanks guys. Good to keep handy and hopefully, most of us will never need it. It was also a good reminder to back up my unit again!

francisroy no está en línea Stack level 1

ok when i connect it is writen USB PIN 202FAB67 in the communication port selection than when i click next , it swith to com3 or USB PIN UNKNOW and in the Device Aplication Selection i got no software avalaible and i can not chose any one in Add ... and i got no other choice than Add or Cancel

thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Francis, make sure you download the software for your BB, then install it on your desktop, then you will see it in the applications list in Desktop Manager.

i just uninstaled my software Desktop Manager and reinstaled it ... i still cannot do the step 6.. it still does the same thing
    ( vendor is deleted..)

thanks
    Last edited by francisroy; 09-19-2006 at 11:32 PM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

You also need to download the handheld software for your BB. What carrier are you on? Find the software here...
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_carrier.html

i tried to download from different carrier and directly from blackberry but it always doing the same ( my devise was unlock and it need to stay unlock cause i'm living in canada and my device come from UK)

after step 11 the jvm is loading than a boxe apear with : Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.

thans

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

See the red underlined area in the first post and step #13.

thanks

you have been really helpfull

every thing is fine now

kurthrob no está en línea Stack level 1

maybe you can help me. I've tried that, and everytime i set up the manager and i go in, i press next to read the cable and and the BB power cycles. then when i try to add the OS it states not enough space to upload the Os

nastman no está en línea Stack level 1

I just joined this forum and I must tell you, this guide really helped me out. Thanks a hell of alot

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

nastman, Welcome to PinStack.

Glad you got the help you needed. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with your BB.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

niteshk no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks guys...I instaleld some 3rd party software after which the device refused to start up...ur guide bought my 7280 bck to life...good job

Page 1 of 68 123456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)