I am very new at this Blackberry thing. I have a Blackberry Pearl, and I ... Handheld Guides forum

Noodle74 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Newbie Question

Advertisement

I am very new at this Blackberry thing. I have a Blackberry Pearl, and I was wondering if you have to buy the Blackberry plan just to download ringtones. And I am also wondering if you can set a personal ringtone for each caller in your address book. If so, how? Thank you!!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Newbie Question

Welcome to the Stacks Noodle. In order to load ringtones OTA, you will need a blackberry data plan. However, if you don't have a data plan, you can load them through your desktop manager. You can set a personal ringtone for each caller by going to your address book, opening a contact, clicking to the menu and select "Add custom phone tune".
    Last edited by ljbyar; 05-23-2007 at 12:32 PM.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am not sure if you are able to DL tones without BB service. I know I was unable to do much on my pearl before my BB service was activated.

To set a custom ringtone you have to access your addy book and then select the contact you want a custom tone for. Then press that menu key (left of the trackball) and then select edit out of the menu. Hit the menu key again and select the add custom tone option. Then you just have to select the tone.

Welcome and enjoy the pearl.

Hey thanks so much for your help!! Another question, where do I get this BB Weather I've heard so much about?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

You can find BB Weather here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ds/links/5/238. However, you will need a data plan for it to work.

That's what I figured. Thanks again!!

Another question, (sorry) Do you know if you can set the personal ringtone out of your music that's downloaded?