This is my first post to the forum, so hopefully someone can help... I'm trying ... Handheld Guides forum

kgresham no está en línea Stack level 1

Need help: Error 543 on Blackberry 8310

This is my first post to the forum, so hopefully someone can help...

I'm trying to fix my son's Blackberry 8310 with a 543 error. This occurred when he tried to install some application he downloaded. I've read the procedure on How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected. I installed the Desktop Manager 5.0.1 and AT&T device software on my laptop.

Following the procedure, when I first started Desktop Manager, I got the message "Before you begin, verify that your current Blackberry device is connected to your computer." This splash message blocked access to the Options menu.

I restarted Desktop Manager, got to Options before the splash screen appeared and selected Connection Type / USB, then the splash appeared and blocked access to any other selections. I tried this several times. Once the connection type actually listed the 8310 device, but selecting it didn't help. After one more try with USB as the only option, I could no longer select anything - it goes to the splash as soon as I click Options.

Device Connected (PIN): None appears at the lower left of the screen.

Any suggestions?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    If you have the appropriate OS installed to the P-C, try connecting the device to the p-c and executing the Loader.exe program from C:>program files>common files>Research in Motion>Apploader. I believe you have to either enter or verify the PIN of the device to do that but it does the same OS load without having to go through Desktop Manager.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com