Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

I just saw someone post about an upgrade on a 7250 gone bad. Can this ... Handheld Guides forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

Advertisement

I just saw someone post about an upgrade on a 7250 gone bad. Can this particular BB be upgraded? Here's the link to the thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=1524 Help a pour soul out, please? I tried to assist him as much as possible but I think he needs a new BB.

mguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi there,

Just thought that everyone should know that I did this upgrade (successfully) to my 7100r with Rogers wireless in Canada and it seemed to work for a day or so then froze the unit so badly I had to get it replaced!
    I even tried downgrading to the providers version!

I would recommend NOT doing this on a Rogers 7100r.

Just my two cents.

Marcus

TJ99 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202469EA

I have downloaded installed OS 4.1 on BB 7290, works great. Thank you all

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

TJ99 glad it worked
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Thanks SOOOO MUCH! I upgraded my 7290 using the link above worked great followed the instructions! Thanks this forum ROCKS!!!!!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I accidentally left off my 7105t that I also upgraded. Both upgrades went perfectly the same day. Took less than an hour to do both. Now if I could upgrade my 7730 and my 950 (don't have a cradle for it yet).

marshallgj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CAB353

Hello all, quick question, i've download the v4.1 Hong Kong version of desktop manager. I've deleted the vendor.xml file. I've followed the instructions to a tee and yet when i opened up the Desktop Manager i don't get a prompt to upgrade. Is there anything that i may be missing? Thanks.

platano82 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2037f42d

I just upgraded my 7105t to 4.1. It was the easiest thing in the world, thanks to your posts and instructions. Thanks a bunch!!!

robray no está en línea Stack level 1

hello from a first time poster...
    I am in the process of downloading the 4.1 handheld software. I see alot of successful posts, but there are a couple of people, posting problems with Enterprise or BES activation.

I would like to know from the people reporting success with this upgrade, if you are using the Blackberry with the BES through work? In particular, success with the 7290 from Rogers and the BES.

Thanks in advance.

robray no está en línea Stack level 1

Upgrade is complete and I don't seem to have a problem connecting the my company's BES. I noticed that I used to have a couple of extra web browsers. I am guessing one of them went through Rogers (my provider) and since I deleted the . I still have the Blackberry browser which I am pretty sure goes through BES because I am still able to access my company's intranet.
    Unfortunately, I not able to find a Bluetooth Serial profile on my 7290. I am going through the connection instructions, but I already don't meet two of the requirements, XP SP2 and third party BT software (WIDCOMM). I don't know if I will be able to get bluetooth sync working because I cannot install SP2 on my laptop.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

marshallgj - Did you download the correct version for your phone? Are you sure you don't already have 4.1? Also, there is a link for a different version of 4.1 that is reported to work better here :
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ighlight=c%26w
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Thanks for all of the support. The upgrade has worked fine for me and I was able to let it run while I was at work. It took about an hour total. I like the new features so far and will update as I find out more.

babbish1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203b2e8f

Re: OS 4.1?

I used the instructions to install to my 7100V and all is fine. However, I dont have a browser. When I press the convenience button it says "Your device does not have any browser configuration service book entries. Please contact your service provider."

The phone is mine but the SIM in it is a company supplied SIM and they dont support Blackberry service except for the highest echelons in the company.

Is there anywhere I can obtain a generic browser config service book so I can use it with my own sim? Service provider is Vodaphone UK

bashall no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24F496C0

Re: OS 4.1?

i had no luck . i need help with device error 365 . tried all the steps did not work

sunil_varyan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2034ACBE

I have OS 4.1 installed from the Hong Kong site. How do i install the Cable and Wireless OS 4.1 over it?

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast