Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748 LastLast

i updated to the 4.5 version from alltel and I dont have a thing. It ... Handheld Guides forum

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

Advertisement

i updated to the 4.5 version from alltel and I dont have a thing. It just says 4.5 in the about section under options. I dont have anything, no html emails, no docs2go, nothing! and the upgrade was successful and the phone was on...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Have you re-registered your BB with the Network. You may even need to log in to your BIS account and resend your service books.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

risk116 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30fde7bb
    woot first try as a noobie to this os thing and i got it,,wow im proud of my self,,even though im a geek at computers,,lol any how i went from os 4.3 whivh it came with the phone to os 4.5.89:} my question here is i have a game on my phone that was a trial version i want to take it off my phone i use the download manager and it says succesfullyuninstalled but when i go to my apps its still there and i click it and it still plays??? can it be cause ihave the 4.3 dm?? or is somthing else wrong? please help or guide me in the right path ty for your time

PIN/ID
    30fde7bb
    also for got to say i didnt get the html emails ? is there something i have to do to get that?i got the docs2 go but idont use that so i didnt install it but didnt see were it had to add the html emails i installed the alltel os 4.5 to my bb 8330

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by risk116 View Post
    also for got to say i didnt get the html emails ? is there something i have to do to get that?i got the docs2 go but idont use that so i didnt install it but didnt see were it had to add the html emails i installed the alltel os 4.5 to my bb 8330
    Just need to go in email then go to options/email settings and enable html. Also it will not work on older email but should start working with new email. If it still isn't working try resending your service books or registering your device again.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by risk116 View Post
    woot first try as a noobie to this os thing and i got it,,wow im proud of my self,,even though im a geek at computers,,lol any how i went from os 4.3 whivh it came with the phone to os 4.5.89:} my question here is i have a game on my phone that was a trial version i want to take it off my phone i use the download manager and it says succesfullyuninstalled but when i go to my apps its still there and i click it and it still plays??? can it be cause ihave the 4.3 dm?? or is somthing else wrong? please help or guide me in the right path ty for your time
    Have you rebooted after uninstalling. Sometimes that is necessary.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    30fde7bb
    nope restarted it and the blackjack game is still there im stuck with it i guess,any help be apreciated and were can i find the desktp manager for 4.5os i have the one i got off the cd that came with my phone but its 4.2 does it matter? or is it ok to use with 4.5??? thank you for your time

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Look in my previous post and click on my blog in the sig and you will find a link for desktop manager.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Also as far as the app have you tried going to options/advanced options/applications and scrolled over the app you want uninstalled hit menu and delete it from there?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    30fde7bb
    cant find yourprevious spot ,or i just dont know my way around here yet,,lol and yes ive tried that way and it stil wont go away???it works fine its just not full version was a try out i tryied it now i want it off my bb takes alot of space even though i got a 8gig card in it

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Here is a link for the newest Desktop Manager.

PIN/ID
    30fde7bb
    hi every one me again srry but if i dont ask ill never know,,lol i have an icon on my bb that under it says risk_0_1@yahoo.com which would be my email right? ok when i click it to open it theres no messages every time for 2 months now but when i go to yahoo on my pc iseen tons of unread messages and emails?????? why wont that icon on bb show me my emails ? isnt that what its for? some one tell me plzz thank you for your time

rjm2009 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317A896B
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey I got a question, if I'm using my carriers update do I need to delete the vendor?
    And should I not use my laptop when I'm updating?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2009 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey I got a question, if I'm using my carriers update do I need to delete the vendor?
    And should I not use my laptop when I'm updating?
    No you don't have to delete the vendor file. You can use your laptop to upgrade but you are less likely to have issue on your desktop. I do it both ways without issue. Also be sure and use desktop manager 4.6 rather than the newer 4.7 to avoid issues that many have had with it.

firepiper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24133d85
    couple of problems so far

media player: the music plays at a lower volume at loudest setting.
    the movie I loaded up continued to play AFTER I closed media player down as in the desktop screen had a video screen playing over the top of it. I had to do a battery pull to get it to stop.

I have an issue with it randomly rebooting. then it will go into a loop of reboot after the security test passed.
    while it was still working I tried to watch a youtube vid and it said " error while playing" ( no YT which is one of the reasons I Dl'd the 4.5 in the first place.)

bluetooth is scratchy even with the unit right next to the BT earbud.
    only half of the apps I had prior to this new OS showed up after loading ( even though they were options on setup ) they showup on the apps list, but not on the menu.

then the last thing is the LED on the right corner wont shut off....and when I tried to change the option on the "coverage LED " instead of it turning off.....it turned to green instead of red..

oh and "color pearl" doesnt work anymore either I tried to change the color and when you get to the "save" button it wont let you do anything

so far I'm not impressed at all with the new OS.. I might (gasp) just go back to the OS that I got from TMO...at least it worked well
    Last edited by firepiper; 01-11-2009 at 11:32 PM. Reason: more issues
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!