Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748 LastLast

Actually I don't because I have the same issue with home page and emu just ... Handheld Guides forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Actually I don't because I have the same issue with home page and emu just haven't worried about it much. But it has been that way with each 4.5 I have tried. As far as being slow I haven't noticed that on my curve.

You should have no issue with the gps even with the VZ os. It shouldn't effect it at all. If you decide to go for it please post back your results on if it fixed the emu option. Maybe another Alltel user can give some more input as well.

wlw1999 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you for the help. I'll post back with my results.

kneidel no está en línea Stack level 1
    same here ithink ill just wait till th eofficial version is released.

vidgamfrk17 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Stuck

Quote Originally Posted by twheeler View Post

6.) Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer. If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click OK.

7.) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. ('Vendor.xml' must be deleted for this step to work).
    I get to around this area, and it doesn't recognize if there's an upgrade for my device (BlackBerry Curve 8310 v4.2). I'm trying to get it to v4.7 but I don't think that is even possible.

My Desktop Manager is v4.7, I don't know if maybe I have to go back in, find another v4.7, and go from there, or is there no way to actually upgrade this device?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by vidgamfrk17 View Post
    I get to around this area, and it doesn't recognize if there's an upgrade for my device (BlackBerry Curve 8310 v4.2). I'm trying to get it to v4.7 but I don't think that is even possible.

My Desktop Manager is v4.7, I don't know if maybe I have to go back in, find another v4.7, and go from there, or is there no way to actually upgrade this device?
    First I would get rid of 4.7 Desktop Manager. There is no 4.7 OS for the 8310 so I am not sure what you are trying to load. Click the link for my blog and you can find a 4.5 OS that should work for you if you want to upgrade. I would suggest the 4.6 Desktop Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    First I would get rid of 4.7 Desktop Manager. There is no 4.7 OS for the 8310 so I am not sure what you are trying to load. Click the link for my blog and you can find a 4.5 OS that should work for you if you want to upgrade. I would suggest the 4.6 Desktop Manager.
    Doing that now. Thank you. If I have a 4.6 Desktop Manager, will it work fine with the BB 4.5? Or do you think I should keep them both the same?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by vidgamfrk17 View Post
    Doing that now. Thank you. If I have a 4.6 Desktop Manager, will it work fine with the BB 4.5? Or do you think I should keep them both the same?
    4.6 will be fine it is just 4.7 seems to still have a few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    4.6 will be fine it is just 4.7 seems to still have a few issues.
    Thank you again moderncowboy XD

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't see how to do the upgrade. I followed the instructions, backed up, downloaded os software, installed exe, deleted vendor.xml, etc., but when I start plug in my blackberry and start desktop manager it says nothing about an upgrade. Even when I tell it to check for updates, it says no updates required. What am I missing here?

JokerRWild no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am having the same problem your having jusMikeP I followed the instructions but to my dismay I get "no updates required" Help

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by JokerRWild View Post
    I am having the same problem your having jusMikeP I followed the instructions but to my dismay I get "no updates required" Help
    Common causes of this are the download was not installed to the PC. The vendor file is still not deleted or it is the wrong version OS for your device. If you are trying this using version 4.7 DM I suggest doing a clean uninstall and going with 4.5 or .6. After doing that try again.

If you still can't get it to show try going into c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and running the loader from there. If it is not working for you I am almost certain it is just something small being over looked. Also remember to remove your data card to avoid issues later on. Some disagree with this but I have seen it to many times. I hope this helps and if not post back and we can try other ideas

lilmike619 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm having a problem with the 4.5 upgrade. I followed all the instructions and it still is not working. I updated DM and deleted the vendor file but when i connect my bb to DM it doesn't reconize any update. Please help

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmike619 View Post
    I'm having a problem with the 4.5 upgrade. I followed all the instructions and it still is not working. I updated DM and deleted the vendor file but when i connect my bb to DM it doesn't reconize any update. Please help
    Have you tried following the path I discribed in my previous post to run the loader file?

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have uninstalled 4.7 and installed DM 4.6 but it's still not working. I've also tried running App Loader from the path mentioned above. I just don't get it. I definitely ran the software executable and verified it installed (it shows up under add/remove programs). I went to that directory and deleted the vendor.xml. Plugged in blackberry, started Desktop manager, no update shows up. When I run the update option from within DM it says no updates required. Any other ideas?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    mike at some point have you rebooted your PC? after all these installs/uninstalls?