Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Finally I upgraded my phone and I am so proud of myself. I want to ... Handheld Guides forum

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Advertisement

Finally I upgraded my phone and I am so proud of myself. I want to thank Azstar for helping when I got too scare lol Berries n Cream for starting me off and Epiticus1 for trying to help even though he was a bit tipsy. My phone seems to be okay right now can't wait to play with it to see how I like this new os.
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

southjamaica no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31EA250C
    hey. where did you get the 4.5 from tmo @ holla at me/pin/email. let me know please
    **Alex South**

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Congrats on the successful upgrade, friend! Enjoy 4.5, there's some great new features! Talk to you soon

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by southjamaica View Post
    hey. where did you get the 4.5 from tmo @ holla at me/pin/email. let me know please
    Get it for your device here, jamaica, and use these instructions for upgrading.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

brayndeded no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok guys,i messed up something. i have the 8830we cdma on alltel,i found the 4.5 and dloaded it,deleted the vendor file and tried to connect to DM but nothing ever happened. i was told to downgrade to DM 4.5 or 4.6,i went with 4.6 and tried it,but still failed. so now when i connect to DM,it resets my time 6 hours off and when i try to do the restore,it gives me a 503 error and i cant delete anything off from the BB thru the DM. i upgraded back up to DM 4.7,but still screwed up. any help??
    thanks

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Have only an idea of what you've done and in which order. Since it seems you've got a mess on your hands, how about uninstalling everything from your P-C, wipe your Blackberry - especially if it's backed up - and start over. Download (if you don't have it) and install DM 4.6. (I say use that one because I KNOW it's a good one.) Then reinstall then download (if you don't have it) the OS for your device, install it to you P-C, delete the vendor file and connect to DM and reinstall it to your 8330. Be sure to take your time - if you don't know, the install to your 8330 alone can take 30-60 minutes and appear to not be doing anything at times.

Also keep notes on what happens in which steps so if you have a problem you can describe exactly what happened and at which point.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I am pretty much in agreement with jblackfish but would have to add. When uninstalling DM and the OS. Unistall both then go to c/program files/common files/ and delete the research in motion folder. Reboot your PC and then reinstall DM and the OS. Reboot your PC then connect your device. After that open DM and hopefully this will get you back up and running.

Post back if you have any other issues and someone will help figure it out.

htownsfinest no está en línea Stack level 1
    so I just upgraded my phone.. all by myself.. BUT I owe it all to you twheeler!! your awesome! and your instructions were SO simple to follow.. thank you so much for that!! I do have some questions though.. I'm a T-Mobile Customer in the US and I do have the data plan.. but I wanted to upgrade to the 4.5.. so I used a Roger's Wireless 4.5... .102 and deleted the file like you said.. everything went smoothly.. however now the phone is taking a looong time to reboot or to process things like if I want to make a call etc.. why is that? also I noticed while typing in the browser the lil menu underneath doesn't show up? displaying predictive text basically of what your writing.. idk if that's with teh 4.5 or if my phone is just being wack?? and also after I installed it.. and it rebooted and turned on etc.. it gave me two t-zone icons and two IM messenger apps?? idk if that's normal.. and right now I'm noticing that it's taking FOREVER to turn back on.. and when it finally did turn on.. it turned back off and rebooted again??? PLEASE HELP ME! first time at this kind of stuff.. and my phone is kinda my life! lol

email me at htownsfinestjenn_85@hotmail.com with further help PLEASE anyone actually! I want to solve this problem asap so I can begin using my phone before school tomorrow! thankss!

luketr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sorry about the delayed response Jamaica. Here is where i got the software. You will find T-Mobil 4.5 and DM 4.6 here along with associate documents.

........for some reason pinstack would not let me put the link on this site because i was not a "level 2 stacker". Just go to t-mobil.com, log in to you account at the top of the page by entering you phone number and password (or create an account if you have never been there), **after you are in the "My T-Mobil" area** go to the "system upgrade" link on the left side of the screen, if it asks for you type of phone just put it in, and as long as you are a t-mobil customer the software download page should come up.

Cowboy, I tried loading 4.5 without my media card and it did the same thing. I went into the T-Mobil store and had them load it...yet again, the same thing. I called T-Mobil and they put me through to RIM....after an hour and fourty five minutes on hold......and RIM said they did not know what was wrong with it and transferred me back to T-Mobil.....which went to their voicemail. After a total of three hours on the phone with T-Mobil/RIM, T-Mobil said they would send me a new phone with 4.5 already on it. RIM just suggested putting 4.2 back onto my phone and said it was a "known issue" they were working on and could not explain why my phone was the only one that i have heard of that did this. Oh well.....two more days and i get my new phone and the old phone is no longer my problem.

Thanks

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by luketr View Post
    Sorry about the delayed response Jamaica. Here is where i got the software. You will find T-Mobil 4.5 and DM 4.6 here along with associate documents.

........for some reason pinstack would not let me put the link on this site because i was not a "level 2 stacker". Just go to t-mobil.com, log in to you account at the top of the page by entering you phone number and password (or create an account if you have never been there), **after you are in the "My T-Mobil" area** go to the "system upgrade" link on the left side of the screen, if it asks for you type of phone just put it in, and as long as you are a t-mobil customer the software download page should come up.

Cowboy, I tried loading 4.5 without my media card and it did the same thing. I went into the T-Mobil store and had them load it...yet again, the same thing. I called T-Mobil and they put me through to RIM....after an hour and fourty five minutes on hold......and RIM said they did not know what was wrong with it and transferred me back to T-Mobil.....which went to their voicemail. After a total of three hours on the phone with T-Mobil/RIM, T-Mobil said they would send me a new phone with 4.5 already on it. RIM just suggested putting 4.2 back onto my phone and said it was a "known issue" they were working on and could not explain why my phone was the only one that i have heard of that did this. Oh well.....two more days and i get my new phone and the old phone is no longer my problem.

Thanks
    The only question I would have is did you just put the card back in and not reformat? If so I still say that is the issue.something curropt on the card. Just a thought.

luketr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Nope, from the instant that the download was fully done it began shutting down again just like before with no card in it.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by luketr View Post
    Nope, from the instant that the download was fully done it began shutting down again just like before with no card in it.
    In that case hope you enjoy your new BB.

wlw1999 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a 8130 o.s. and a 8330, when I delete the vendor.xml to update the o.s. for the 8330 will it affect the o.s. for the 8130?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by wlw1999 View Post
    I have a 8130 o.s. and a 8330, when I delete the vendor.xml to update the o.s. for the 8330 will it affect the o.s. for the 8130?
    No it wont. You will be fine. I was running a beta on my Curve and Official on wifes pearl and never had an issue. Just Curious the 8330 has the 4.5.0.89 are you trying for a higher release or just updating to alltel 4.5.

wlw1999 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    No it wont. You will be fine. I was running a beta on my Curve and Official on wifes pearl and never had an issue. Just Curious the 8330 has the 4.5.0.89 are you trying for a higher release or just updating to alltel 4.5.
    Well I put the Alltel 4.5.0.89 on the 8330 but am having trouble with the browser and it's running slower. When I click the browser icon it pulls up the Blackberry help home page and wont let me change that or emulation. So I was thinking about putting Verizon's o.s. on it. Plus I was wondering if the gps will work with BBmaps since Verizon partially uncrippled their GPS? Got any advice?
    Last edited by wlw1999; 12-10-2008 at 12:32 PM.