Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Reboot your PC and Device and then go into c/program files/common files/research in motion and ... Handheld Guides forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Reboot your PC and Device and then go into c/program files/common files/research in motion and click the loader file and try it that way. Also make sure that the operating system you got was for your device. Someone went through all the steps yesturday to find out thats all it was.

Bartch74 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2479927A
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Reboot your PC and Device and then go into c/program files/common files/research in motion and click the loader file and try it that way. Also make sure that the operating system you got was for your device. Someone went through all the steps yesturday to find out thats all it was.
    ok I'll try that cowboy. Yup i'm trying it through the Rogers wireless 8310. Thanks

Bartch74 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2479927A
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Thanks cowboy, that did the trick. much appreciated

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartch74 View Post
    Thanks cowboy, that did the trick. much appreciated
    Glad I could help.

rajgrghk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks and very helpful. I'm able to do it..... tons of thanks

zrivest no está en línea Stack level 1

Pocketmac

Can this software update be completed using the pocketmac snycmanager software??

luketr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does anyone know why after I loaded the new 4.5 OS onto my 8320, it began shutting off and restarting about every thirty seconds on its own. I brought it into T-Mobil and they reloaded 4.2 onto it and said that it was prob just a bug with 4.5 and they were not using it yet. After the 4.2 reload at the store (which for some reason it would not allow me to do on my cpu at home) the phone works fine again, but I still dont have 4.5. This is funny since I downloaded it from the *T-Mobil* website and when I called T-Mobil help line they suggested updating to 4.5. I have friends that have installed the same version of 4.5 off the T-Mobil website with success, but I am a little gun shy to try it again and have my phone be unuseable yet again since it is my only means of communication. If anyone had any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them. T-Mobil's quick fix was to say that it was prob the battery and they sent me a new battery......imagine that, it wasn't the battery.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    When you loaded the 4.5 did you have the media card in? If so I would say that is the main reason for the reboots. If not it just may have been a bad install.

brayndeded no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok i have the 8830we,i dloaded 4.5,deleted the vendor.xml file and got thru most of the steps to where it says (on the site here) to connect bb to desktop,and open bb desktop manager and....."
    When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications and OS version available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device."....
    mine is not doing that,i waited 30 mins and nothing. im afraid to unplug the bb. i have the 4.7 desktop manager....what should i do?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ok I am a little confused. Has it started the update. Gone thru it and this is happening after? If it hasn't started you should be ok disconnecting but if it has hold out a little while because this can take up to an hour.

thanks cowboy, when i plugged in,it right away asked if i want to backup,i already did the backup,but did it again,then it went thru progression of checking address book calendar and such,but my bb doesnt have the hourglass or anything, just shows my normal home screen

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I would suggest uninstalling 4.7 and going to 4.5 or 4.6. If you do that uninstall then go to c/program files/common file and delete the research in motion folder. Then unistall the OS as well. Reboot and reinstall DM .5 or .6 and the OS remembering to delete vendor.xml and reboot the PC and device. Once they both reboot connect your BB and open DM.

If it still doesn't recognize go into c/program files/common file/research in motion/app loader and click the loader file. Hope you get it.

so i assume i should disconnect the bb for now and then uninstall 4.7 dm? what a dumb thing i did by doing this an hour before im suppose to go to my work Christmas party!!! duh. so do u think im safe to disconnect the bb for now?

luketr no está en línea Stack level 1
    I didnt know that having the media card in while downloading the software could cause a problem. I will try it without the media card later tonight when i have more time and let you know how it went. Thanks Cowboy

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Let use know if it works for you luke. A good test is to take the card out and reboot the device and see if it still reboots.