Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by sexy_AGE_godess PLEASE I need help, I have sat here for hours and ... Handheld Guides forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sexy_AGE_godess View Post
    PLEASE I need help, I have sat here for hours and read many different Posts, but I cant figure out how to upgrade my BB8310 tothe 4.5 or whichever I need to so I can have video on my phone. I currently have the 4.2 can someone PLEASE help me!!! I'm going crazy here!
    Who is your carrier?

Also you might update your profile so it is easier to help you with your issues. You can do that by going to my tools at the top right of the page and select edit profile.

amt83 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can someone please help me!?

Anything i try and do on this phone just does not want to work. I'm so frustrated.

I'v done everything i was supposed to. I deleted the vendor file.
    The application loader popped up . Asks for my password, I enter it, it searches for updates but finds nothing. Wheni go into control panel to make sure the update is in there ( 4.5) the only 2 files I see are "blackberry desktop software 4.3" & "blackberry device software updater. Anything else i'm supposed to be doing?!

I have verizon; 8330.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by amt83 View Post
    Can someone please help me!?

Anything i try and do on this phone just does not want to work. I'm so frustrated.

I'v done everything i was supposed to. I deleted the vendor file.
    The application loader popped up . Asks for my password, I enter it, it searches for updates but finds nothing. Wheni go into control panel to make sure the update is in there ( 4.5) the only 2 files I see are "blackberry desktop software 4.3" & "blackberry device software updater. Anything else i'm supposed to be doing?!

I have verizon; 8330.
    Uninstall the 4.3 Operating system from your PC. Then Install the 4.5 you want to upgrade to. This should fix your issue.

JosephR no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have a sprint 8130 with 4.3 and even after i delete the vendor.xml file, it still doesn't recognize an upgrade. I downloaded the alltel AND the sprint 4.5.xxx upgrades and ran them.

What gives?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by JosephR View Post
    I have a sprint 8130 with 4.3 and even after i delete the vendor.xml file, it still doesn't recognize an upgrade. I downloaded the alltel AND the sprint 4.5.xxx upgrades and ran them.

What gives?
    Did you uninstall the 4.3 before installing the 4.5 to your PC?

pharmguyd no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by JosephR View Post

What gives?

[FONT=Verdana]I had the same problem, tried uninstalling and reinstalling and deleting the vendor.xml file and the phone wouldn't recognize the upgrade. I read that if you re-install the program as the administrator on your computer it would work (this is with vista). Anyway, I did re-install the software as administrator (right click on the program go to install as administrator) and it did recognize the upgrade. This was after a few weeks of reading threads telling me to do exactly what I was doing and it still not working.[/FONT]

xk4yc3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Help...

I downloaded and installed Desktop Manager 4.6.

I downloaded OS 4.5 and installed it as well.

I then used JL_Cmder to wipe my BlackBerry 8120.

Now when I open Desktop Manager, it doesn't recognize that my device is connected.

Also, Desktop Manager doesn't prompt me that an upgrade is available for my device.

vendor.xml is deleted.

I've got a T-Mobile phone that I want to connect to a different carrier. I downloaded the OS 4.5 for Orange UK.

How do I get my Desktop Manager to recognize my device again? Can I revert back to the state before I did any of this, at the least?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4yc3 View Post
    Help...

I downloaded and installed Desktop Manager 4.6.

I downloaded OS 4.5 and installed it as well.

I then used JL_Cmder to wipe my BlackBerry 8120.

Now when I open Desktop Manager, it doesn't recognize that my device is connected.

Also, Desktop Manager doesn't prompt me that an upgrade is available for my device.

vendor.xml is deleted.

I've got a T-Mobile phone that I want to connect to a different carrier. I downloaded the OS 4.5 for Orange UK.

How do I get my Desktop Manager to recognize my device again? Can I revert back to the state before I did any of this, at the least?
    Did you uninstall your old OS from your PC?

I made a backup, if that's what you mean. I'm not sure my old OS was on my PC in the first place?

whew. finally fixed it. all is well. seems that the problem was vista; it was screwing with desktop manager and my download of the 4.5 OS. i tried it on my computer running XP and it worked without a hitch. thanks anyhow.

JosephR no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thank you guys- that's the problem- VISTA!

I will run the OS Upgrade as administrator, correct?

Thank you! Will be trying later this evening...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I am running Vista and have never had an issue. Joseph it is always better to install anything as your system admin. Good luck this evening.

I302K no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey im sure this has been asked before but im in the process of upgrading my curve to 4.5 and its taking over an hour is this normal

silvermoon no está en línea Stack level 3
    okay just want to get all my ducks in a row before i try this:

1)what is the best place to get ATT 8100 4.5 os (english please)
    2)is it necessary to load the latest desktop manager? i currently have 4.2
    3) and will my old themes work for the new OS?

thx!
    silvermoon

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon View Post
    okay just want to get all my ducks in a row before i try this:

1)what is the best place to get ATT 8100 4.5 os (english please)
    2)is it necessary to load the latest desktop manager? i currently have 4.2
    3) and will my old themes work for the new OS?

thx!
    In my best english ATT does not have a 4.5 for the 8100. However you can upgrade using any carriers OS. 2nd the newest Desktop Manager is usually the best to have but 4.2 should work. 3rd if you upgrade your OS you will have to download themes for the OS you have but there is an awesome selection of 4.5 themes.