Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

where do I save the software at on my computer?... Handheld Guides forum

druupy no está en línea Stack level 1

need help on 4.x download to computer

Advertisement

where do I save the software at on my computer?

laraiza no está en línea Stack level 2
    can someone help me with a little more info. I went to all the possible folders to pull up the vendor but when I try to delete it, the popup window doesn't give me the option. What do i do now. it gives me every option except "delete". Im going nuts.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by laraiza View Post
    can someone help me with a little more info. I went to all the possible folders to pull up the vendor but when I try to delete it, the popup window doesn't give me the option. What do i do now. it gives me every option except "delete". Im going nuts.
    If it will not let you delete the vendor file (for whatever reason) just move the vendor file out of the software package. Hope it helps.

joshuav50 no está en línea Stack level 1
    how do u upgrade the curve 8320? i did everything i am suppost to. such as, download the desktop manager, the new device software os 4.5 and several other kinds and delete the vendor file but when i plug in my fone and start the desktop manager it doesnt show any updates on the desktop manager. do u have any idea on what i should do?

Jfitter no está en línea Stack level 1
    has anyone installed OS 4.5 on their curve for t-mobile? Any problems?

fratslisis no está en línea Stack level 1
    What does it mean in the warning "you must activate your device wirelessly to continue to send and recieve msgs etc? Im scared to continue and I dont wana mess up my new phone...lol

fratslisis no está en línea Stack level 1
    nevermind i got it and all i sweeet!!!!

pharmguyd no está en línea Stack level 1

no phone upgrade after installing new DM

I followed the instructions below, installed DM 4.6, deleted the vendor file, rebooted connected to the PC and pulled up the DM. The DM now shows version 4.6 however an update never came through to my phone. Is there another way to update the phone or should I reinstall the DM?

Thanks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmguyd View Post
    I followed the instructions below, installed DM 4.6, deleted the vendor file, rebooted connected to the PC and pulled up the DM. The DM now shows version 4.6 however an update never came through to my phone. Is there another way to update the phone or should I reinstall the DM?

Thanks
    Try connecting your BB then starting DM. Reread your post DM does not have the OS upgrade you have to download it separately
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 10-25-2008 at 12:50 AM.

CX7Kristen no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have two vendor files, one says just vendor and the other says vendor back up, which do i delete???????

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by CX7Kristen View Post
    I have two vendor files, one says just vendor and the other says vendor back up, which do i delete???????
    are you in c/program files/comman files/research in motion/apploader

yes, but i just read that i have to install the os first before deleting it. is this going to wipe out all my contacts and such, and i am supposed to install it WITHOUT the media card? sorry I am kinda lost....

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yes, but i just read that i have to install the os first before deleting it. is this going to wipe out all my contacts and such, and i am supposed to install it WITHOUT the media card? sorry I am kinda lost....
    Correct you have to install the OS to your pc then delete the vendor.xml. As long as you do a backup before you start the update all contacts and things will be saved.

I've done it with and without memory card but it does seem more prone to issues if you leave memory card in. I would take it out just to be safe.

okay so i delete the vendor file, before installing it to my BB. And I install it to my BB with out the media card, correct? I found the vendor file, there is a vendor file, and a vendor back up. Which do I delete?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    okay so i delete the vendor file, before installing it to my BB. And I install it to my BB with out the media card, correct? I found the vendor file, there is a vendor file, and a vendor back up. Which do I delete?
    I've never come across that so I wouldn't feel safe telling you which to delete there should only be one vendor.xml file in the comman files/research in motion/apploader folder.