Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

I upgraded to 4.5.0.52. I backed up my OS prior to beginning (actually saw the ... Handheld Guides forum

stinkfist480 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I upgraded to 4.5.0.52. I backed up my OS prior to beginning (actually saw the names of my apps, 3rd party included) being backed up. Had a couple crashes during upgrade but eventually got it going by using the app loader. 4.5 is installed, my personal data is there, but NONE of my 3rd party apps are on the device. I tried a manual restore and none of the apps are being loaded. Some examples of the missing apps are: SplashID, mPoynt, Jivetalk and TON of others.

How do I get my 3rd party apps loaded back on?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkfist480 View Post
    I upgraded to 4.5.0.52. I backed up my OS prior to beginning (actually saw the names of my apps, 3rd party included) being backed up. Had a couple crashes during upgrade but eventually got it going by using the app loader. 4.5 is installed, my personal data is there, but NONE of my 3rd party apps are on the device. I tried a manual restore and none of the apps are being loaded. Some examples of the missing apps are: SplashID, mPoynt, Jivetalk and TON of others.

How do I get my 3rd party apps loaded back on?
    3rd party apps do not get backed up during the back up and restore process. Some specific settings may get backed up but the applications themselves do not. If it was downloaded OTA to the phone you will need to redownload them. In the future if you have the option to download the apps to the PC they will be there in an app loader for you. This link is another way to individually back up 3rd party apps. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 09-23-2008 at 12:07 PM.

bryanstrr no está en línea Stack level 1
    I downloaded the 4.5 update for my pearl and everytime I try to install it, after the desktop manager loads the new os it sends my blackberry into a constant reboot cycle. Any answers?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanstrr View Post
    I downloaded the 4.5 update for my pearl and everytime I try to install it, after the desktop manager loads the new os it sends my blackberry into a constant reboot cycle. Any answers?
    Did you by chance load 4.5 with mecia card installed?

If you did ~ I recommend doing one of 2 things:
    take out the card - move all contents onto a temp folder on your PC and reformat the card in either PC with adapter or in BB (I would format via PC personally if I chose this route).

OR

wipe your device and reinstall the OS without your media card installed.

Radicaldoc no está en línea Stack level 1

Question confirmation please before i do this

i have a 8800 i have just downloaded the new os i want my version of the os is at the moment 4.2.190. i have backed up my bb deleted my vendor. desktop is saying i have updates to install is that it? away i go. becouse i read some where you have to wipe you entire os before you update. but this is saying i can just update from here.
    help please how should i do this?

SunnyD no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Radicaldoc View Post
    i have a 8800 i have just downloaded the new os i want my version of the os is at the moment 4.2.190. i have backed up my bb deleted my vendor. desktop is saying i have updates to install is that it? away i go. becouse i read some where you have to wipe you entire os before you update. but this is saying i can just update from here.
    help please how should i do this?
    yes it is a good idea to wipe your handheld first and then do the upgrade. and the update the ur DM is saying is the update you just installed.

Radicaldoc no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
    yes it is a good idea to wipe your handheld first and then do the upgrade. and the update the ur DM is saying is the update you just installed.
    thanks but i just let it update to see what happened and it put the new os on and everything is working fine...thanks again

JNewt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    309f4bco
    downloaded 4.5.81 and it never gave me a folder to look for the vendor.xml file so i could delete it just went to install on my comp

JNewt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    309f4bco
    n/m figured it out

kbraska no está en línea Stack level 1
    I downloaded the 4.5 from the blackberry site for the 8310. it finishes, then i goto look for the vendor.xml file, and there isnt one? when i open the desktop up it doesnt say anything about any updates?

ok, so i finally found the damn xml file lol. but now it doesnt show any os upgrade? but the i tried the att 4.2.2.170 and it worked?

am i not able to get the 4.5?

thanks!
    Last edited by kbraska; 10-05-2008 at 11:06 PM.

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    ^^You will need to delete the OS you don't want off PC using Control Panel>Add/Remove programs, and then delete vendor.xml file from the OS you plan to install on BB in order for DM to recognize it.

kbraska no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    ^^You will need to delete the OS you don't want off PC using Control Panel>Add/Remove programs, and then delete vendor.xml file from the OS you plan to install on BB in order for DM to recognize it.
    i had to use a different comp. i have vista 64 bit on mine, and for some reason it just wasn't wanting to work.

thanks for the help though!

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    ^^Most welcome ~ Hope it worked out for you.

djhurtado21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i need help i did everything and i cant get the download on my phone i need help please text me if you will help me thanks
    786 837 1965

dseaver no está en línea Stack level 1

Fantastic!

Thank you so so much for putting this up here. I followed your directions exactly and it worked perfectly on my 8800.