Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

soo what should i do>... Handheld Guides forum

lafnjames no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

soo what should i do>

SunnyD no está en línea Stack level 2
    hey has anyone noticed that if you had a password set on ur blackberry before you did the 4.5 upgrade. When you go back to disable it later you can't because its locked? also where do i find the wireless upgrade? i cant find it anymore....

abonter4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CFDB7

Prez01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I’ve installed OS 4.6 on the computer however the software is not updating on the device, the application loader says there’s no new updates available. How do I get the device to update to 4.6 Thanx

kutekathy897 no está en línea Stack level 1
    is there another way i can download an upgrade because whenever i try i keep getting "proxy error"

sugarhoodie no está en línea Stack level 2
    so...i'm sitting here trying to upgrade my 8330 to 4.5... however, my DM (latest version) is not recognizing that my BB is connected to it via USB.

i'm officially lost...

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    I have the same prob I followed instructions to the letter on the 1 page of this post, but when I hook bb up to comp and run DM it does not recognize that there is an update for the phone!! What am I doing wrong?? I robooted the comp and the phone and still same thing!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

mccaffery18 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2082CBFA
    does this os have wi fi

xmaemaex no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    you have to DELETE "vender.xml" on your computer. i forgot the whole file path but it is on the first post of this thread. after you delete it hook up your blackberry to the computer then open up the desktop manager...then go to application loader and load the files...you should see the 4.5 upgrade first on the list. this is what i did...hope this helps...although i think deleting vender.xml is only if you downloaded an OS that is not your service (ex. orange, att)

clue1968 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I was able to upgrade the first time, then i downgraded and now want to upgrade again. But its not seeing that there is a new os to install, and i deleted out the vendor.xml file. but still nothing...now what do i do?

Jamler no está en línea Stack level 1
    Y'ALL ARE THE BEST! Followed these instructs to the letter for my 4.5 upgrade... ALL working great!!! THANKS

BTW... The new desktop SW kicks ***... Only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to build a "Playlist" via the desktop SW... Is there a way? HELP IF YA KNOW... I found it arduous to have to continue to search through the song list and select manually one at a time... THANKS AGAIN STACKERS!!

Peace...

Jams

Quote Originally Posted by twheeler View Post
    Here's a quick How To on installing 4.x.

Follow these instructions exactly and you should be able to have OS 4.x working.

1.) BACK UP YOUR DATA! - I can't stress how important it is to get a good backup in the event you need to restore your data.

2.) Verify that you are using the latest version of Desktop Manager. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. In the Desktop manager program on your PC use the Help menu and select About Desktop Manager. If you need the latest version follow this link.

3.) If you haven't already, download lastest OS 4.x from this link or if available from your carrier its BEST to download here (select carrier)

4.) Install 4.x using the .exe file you just downloaded. If you are downloading the OS specific for your carrier you can skip step 5. I other words if upgrading a T-Mobile BlackBerry with T-Mobile OS then you can skip this step. However, if you have an At&T Wireless Blackberry and the OS is non-At&T eg. from Vodafone, you MUST follow step 5.

5.) Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it.

6.) Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer. If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click OK.

7.) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. ('Vendor.xml' must be deleted for this step to work).

8) When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications and OS version available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.

9) If you didn't backup first you should select to do so now.

10) Follow the prompts and you will have OS 4.x installed in about 15 to 20 minutes.

Good luck and of course, myself nor Pinstack.com can take responsibility for any problems that may occur. I will however extend my assistance if you need it.

ereezy no está en línea Stack level 1
    my 8100 did not recognize that there was a new version of the desktop manager or OS. anyone know what i could do to fix this?

jones21 no está en línea Stack level 1

how to restore blackberry curve 8330

How to get my phone back working from jvm error 513? I have downloaded the updated software from my carrier..but do i still need to delete vendor.xml

jones21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    nvm i got it to work thanks!

brianmh no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Thanks

I'm very new to BB's but really wanted to try os 4.5 for the added benefit of being able to edit word documents. I was able to find all the information I needed here in the threads and am very satisfied with the upgrade.

Thanks Everyone!!!!!!