Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

I have downloaded 4.5 DM and the Orange 4.5 file. When I run that it ... Handheld Guides forum

cyberpyr8 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I have downloaded 4.5 DM and the Orange 4.5 file. When I run that it extracts, I run DM and it never does any upgrade. I did delete the vendor.xml (I have a T-Mo 8320). I have been following the instructions from the other post on installing these files. Any additional help?

Nevermind, got it. I wasn't deleting the Vendor.xml at the right point. It is working now.
    Last edited by cyberpyr8; 07-18-2008 at 12:18 AM.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpyr8 View Post
    I have downloaded 4.5 DM and the Orange 4.5 file. When I run that it extracts, I run DM and it never does any upgrade. I did delete the vendor.xml (I have a T-Mo 8320). I have been following the instructions from the other post on installing these files. Any additional help?

Nevermind, got it. I wasn't deleting the Vendor.xml at the right point. It is working now.

What is the right point to delete the vender file? So we all know the best way to upgrade. I again ran into problems.

PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Quote Originally Posted by firegeek View Post
    ok, I have done this before but I DL's Sprints new os, I went into it to find the Vendor.XML and delete it. I cannot find it. Should be under the main app loader file and not in the JAVA folder right?
    I can not find it either. I'm looking in the common/research in motion/

PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    C: Drive/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/App Loader and it should be down in the bottom there.
    If it's not there whats going on?

el1diablo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Alright, I deleted my vendor.xml file that was already there, and it didnt work, but i forgot that before when i did this upgrade thing i had to install the 4.5 OS in my computer first AND THEN delete the vendor.xml file. So make sure the blackberry is not connected and Desktop Manager is closed, install the 4.5 OS, then delete the vendor.xml file, and then open desktop manager and plus in the bberry, if nothing happens, leave the bberry plugged in, close the manager and reopen it. I jus did this right now and it worked (Doin it for AT&T 8310). Hope it works for u

slacker44_2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a tmo 8320, the latest DM and updated to 4.5 OS from Orange UK.
    Everything went fine except now the camera is not working, once I snap a picture
    the screen goes blank. The video works fine, I have reloaded the OS and reformatted my 2gb media card and still the same problem.
    Any suggestions ?

Blueyplumpie no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a 7290 and I have tried everything on this thread. Took a long time to read. And still does not prompt for upgrade. When I go into Application Loader it says "fatal error whilst trying to update" or something similar so i'm uninstalling desktop manager and reinstalling and also the device softare to see if it will work.

Edit// Tried re-installing everything. No difference. Btw I am using Desktop Manager 4.5 and downloaded the CSL 4.1 setup file. I deleted the XML file and it does not prompt for upgrade. No longer have fatal error message though. However when I try go through the procedure used to load an application it gives the "no additional application....." message. And I can only press cancel or back. Also how do I tell the amount of memory I have to see whether my device is capable of installing OS 4.1
    Last edited by Blueyplumpie; 07-25-2008 at 01:56 PM.

timlutz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24285b24
    I followed your steps to upgrade my BB8310(ATT&T),using DM4.6,deleted the Vendor.xml,and the DM didn't recognize that there was an upgrade.Help?

timlutz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24285b24
    Just finished my OS upgrade4.5 on my BB Curve,after I deleted the Vender>xml file and istalled the 4.5 upgrade on my PC,opened Desktop Manager4.6,hocked my BB and BAMB the upgrade went smoooooth,the only painfull part was the wait while the upgrade loaded.So cooool,even my Calender,Address Book and themes were all there!

randomZer0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey i have bb 8310 and no matter what i do it will not load the apps. maybe i am just not getting it but i got the newest version on DM. but cant seem to locate the OS and where do i go with it after i d/l it...sorry im very noobish my first bb saw some awesome themes and now i cant quit trying to get this too work...thanks in advance
    random

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Im taking the plunge with my precious 8310. I followed the instructions exactly and so far it is doing okay. DM actually did a backup without asking me. I'm paranoid about switching over so I had already backed it up to my C: and my external...just in case. ATM its doing its thing..the wait is agonizing! I'll update when its done.

Okay Im nervous...its making me run through the setup and when I go through as an existing user its not recognizing my name and password..Help??
    Last edited by Morgase; 08-03-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: update
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

Derrin no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~need more ota themes for BB 8100 4.2 os

SunnyD no está en línea Stack level 2
    okay so im installing 4.5 on my 8120. wish me luck. i really hope this works cause the platform i had for t-mobile sucked.

god this is taking a long time. i wanna play with my bb already. can't believe i'm going through withdraws already.

okay so i finished updating my phone. everything is fine. all my themes are there and so is my myfaves icon. the only thing that i found wrong was that i used to have 3 options in my browser,"t-zones, hotspot browser, internet browser." now i only have the first to but am missing my internet browser. any thoughts on helping me get this back would be greatly appreciated.