Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

quick question. I updated my 8300 from a v4.2.2.89 to v4.2.2.166. Now it seems as ... Handheld Guides forum

swimber3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

quick question. I updated my 8300 from a v4.2.2.89 to v4.2.2.166. Now it seems as though I have a slight lag that wasn't there before. Mainly with the browser and a couple of other apps. And my bytes free went down? Is this usually what happens when you upgrade? i assumed that things went a tiny bit faster and you may get a a litter more memory space?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    It's Possible, sometimes things go faster, sometimes slower. It usually depends on what is running in the background. If the new Device Software adds a lot of background features, it can run slower. And if you decide to run some new applications it could also run slower. And sometimes it's just an impression.

Richard
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

swimber3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    if i wanted to go back to my original OS, would all I have to do is plug in my Curve, initialize the DM and click on Restore.....are there other steps needed besides that? thanks for any help

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    ok, I have done this before but I DL's Sprints new os, I went into it to find the Vendor.XML and delete it. I cannot find it. Should be under the main app loader file and not in the JAVA folder right?
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by swimber3 View Post
    if i wanted to go back to my original OS, would all I have to do is plug in my Curve, initialize the DM and click on Restore.....are there other steps needed besides that? thanks for any help
    Backup and restore only restores info not the OS. To downgrade the OS delete the current handheld software from the PC and download and install the OS you want to load. (remember if not using your carriers OS to delete the vendor.xml file.) then hook up the phone to the pc and it should come up and let you know there is a software update/downgrade available and give you the option to update now. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by firegeek View Post
    ok, I have done this before but I DL's Sprints new os, I went into it to find the Vendor.XML and delete it. I cannot find it. Should be under the main app loader file and not in the JAVA folder right?
    C: Drive/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/App Loader and it should be down in the bottom there.

independent8847 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have a blackberry pearl which was originally for t-mobile but i unlocked it and use it on the att network, i want to put the att os onto it but it wont work, i did delete the vendor.xml file and still nothing happened...any help?

tk_production no está en línea Stack level 1
    I upgraded my 8110 to V4.5 and now its unstable with batterylife??? Dies in a day??? Can someone send me a working functional Verson? I am willing to go as down as neccessary? 4.2? What ever...???? Thanx for the help....tk~

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I wiped my BB and DM doesn't see it, and when I run app loader it tells me:The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the compter. Contact your wireless service provider or system admin. I have several versions of 8120 OS's installed and when I see vender I delete it. Getting agitated now Day 2

Aloha!

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    finally got it, could only add t-mobile and not upgrade it....

I be back styling again

wolfluvr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Oh my goodness, I have been spending the last 7 hours trying to figure this crap out and I am on edge. I did this step by step and something must not have been done right. I upgraded my bb desktop software and this is what it says when I go to the help>about>components and it says:
    Device Communications
    Blackberry Device Manager 4.3.1.10
    BBDevMgr 4.0.1.3
    RIM USB Driver 4.0.0.2
    RIM USB Serial Driver 2.1.0.4
    Application Loader
    Application Loader 4.3.1.18
    Rim Program 1.0.0.35

So I assume this is the latest version. I downloaded the 4.5 software version from bb.com software downloads.

I then downloaded the handheld upgrade and saved it, but it would not open it and I got an error message saying that the file is not a correct Win32 file.

I even went to delete the vendor file and still no go. I plugged in the phone and it didnt say or do anything for an upgrade.

So what's the problem? I'm so confused and frustrated wit this... Please help???

Quote Originally Posted by wolfluvr View Post
    Oh my goodness, I have been spending the last 7 hours trying to figure this crap out and I am on edge. I did this step by step and something must not have been done right. I upgraded my bb desktop software and this is what it says when I go to the help>about>components and it says:
    Device Communications
    Blackberry Device Manager 4.3.1.10
    BBDevMgr 4.0.1.3
    RIM USB Driver 4.0.0.2
    RIM USB Serial Driver 2.1.0.4
    Application Loader
    Application Loader 4.3.1.18
    Rim Program 1.0.0.35

So I assume this is the latest version. I downloaded the 4.5 software version from bb.com software downloads.

I then downloaded the handheld upgrade and saved it, but it would not open it and I got an error message saying that the file is not a correct Win32 file.

I even went to delete the vendor file and still no go. I plugged in the phone and it didnt say or do anything for an upgrade.

So what's the problem? I'm so confused and frustrated wit this... Please help???
    Hope it helps.

Internal Error 2738. Could not access VBscript.

Doc ID : KB03490
    Last Modified : 2008-04-30
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® Desktop Software 4.0 and later
    • Windows® 2000
    • Windows® XP
    • Windows Vista™

Problem

One of the following error messages appears when you install, modify, or uninstall BlackBerry® Desktop Manager:
    Internal Error 2738. Could not access VBscript.
    Error message 2738: <file name> is not a valid Win32 application

Cause

Summary of Causes
    This issue may be caused by the following:
    1. BlackBerry Desktop Manager requires the registration of Microsoft® Visual Basic® Script on Windows Vista.
    2. The BlackBerry Desktop Manager installation file was not fully downloaded, or the downloaded file was corrupt.

Resolution

Cause 1
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager requires the registration of Microsoft Visual Basic Script on Windows Vista.
    Resolution
    Register the vbscript.dll file on the computer.

For Windows 2000 or XP
    1. Go to Start > Run.
    2. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll.
    3. If this fails, the vbscript.dll file may not be located in the default location on the computer. Search the computer for the vbscript.dll file and move it to C:\Windows\system32.
    Note: You may also need to install Microsoft Windows Script 5.6, which can be obtained from the Microsoft Download Center.

For Windows Vista
    1. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories.
    2. Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Change to one of the following folders:
      • For Windows Vista 32-bit - C:\Windows\system32
      • For Windows Vista 64-bit - C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    4. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll.
    5. If this fails, the vbscript.dll file may not be located in the default location on the computer. Search the computer for the vbscript.dll file and move it to one of the following locations:
      • For Windows Vista 32-bit - C:\Windows\system32
      • For Windows Vista 64-bit - C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    Cause 2
    The BlackBerry Desktop Manager installation file was not fully downloaded or the downloaded file was corrupt.
    Resolution
    Download the BlackBerry Desktop Manager installation file and attempt the installation again.

Workaround

In some instances, you will not be able to register the vbscript.dll and you will encounter the following error:
    The module C:\windows\system32\vbscript.dll was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with 0x80004005
    In this instance, you must run the command prompt as Administrator. To remedy this, complete the following steps:
    1. Click Start.
    2. Select All Programs.
    3. Select Accessories.
    4. Right-click Command Prompt.
    5. Select Run As Administrator.
    If the error occurred when installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager, re-install BlackBerry Desktop Manager and choose the custom install option, and deselect Media Manager, so that it is not installed.

sublmnl67 no está en línea Stack level 1

Scared To Upgrade what can I expect?

I am thinking of doing the upgrade to 4.5 Orange UK. I have a Tmo 8320. My question is what will be missing in my phone as far as Tmobile is concerned? Will I be able to Access T-zones for example? Or will my phone basically have all the Orange info in it? IM scared!!! What shall I expect in this upgrade?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by sublmnl67 View Post
    I am thinking of doing the upgrade to 4.5 Orange UK. I have a Tmo 8320. My question is what will be missing in my phone as far as Tmobile is concerned? Will I be able to Access T-zones for example? Or will my phone basically have all the Orange info in it? IM scared!!! What shall I expect in this upgrade?
    hey sublmnl welcome to pinstack

you should take a look at this thread.

the Orange OS won't change anything on your BB as far as TMO goes. the carrier browser might not be a big pink T anymore, but that should be the only change you see

tcpire no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a tmo pearl. Os v 4.2.1.107. Which one do I download?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~