Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by bond_z3 After i try to install the new telus mobility device OS, ... Handheld Guides forum

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bond_z3 View Post
    After i try to install the new telus mobility device OS, again, i delete the vendor.xml file and run apploader. the same problem keeps popping up: "The application "Browser" cannot be loaded, because it requires the following applications that are not available: net.rim.blackberry.net"

Can anybody please help me to fix this stupid problem. every time i try to load an app i can't b/c the "Browser" cannot be loaded.

Thank you!!!
    What happens if you delete the OS you have from the PC and try and load a different OS? Does it give you the same issue? Same error?

mazingerZ no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    Yes it will remain unlocked.

Select carrier for the latest OS for your BB.
    Thank you, i will download the upgrade and try it ..

mazingerZ no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks to all! I finally upgraded from 4.0.0.219 to 4.1.0.375 with no problem. I used Hong Kong download in my AT&T BB and it works fine. (and remains unlocked )

hoskinsm no está en línea Stack level 1

I followed the original instructions in this thread for updating a 7230 handheld os to Handheld Software Version (4.0.0.185) using Desktop Manager Software (4.0.1.19). It went as expected and after about 5 minutes the unit started with the new os load and all previous data was gone.

Just wanted to say thank you for this thread and all the links included for downloading the Handheld OS.

Thank you again and keep up the sharing of information....

darshanshah no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks twheeler...your steps were perfect and it fixed the issue on my phone. Just as an FYI to others - I was getting the error while wireless was active, so I had to deactivate wireless and run the steps in the thread about to resolve the problem.

RaysDarts no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by twheeler View Post
    Here's a quick How To on installing 4.x.

Follow these instructions and you should be able to have OS 4.1xworking for you too.

1.) BACK UP YOUR DATA! - I can't stress how important it is to get a good backup in the event you need to retore your data.

2.) Verify that you are using the latest version of Desktop Manager. In the Desktop manager program on your PC use the Help menu and select About Desktop Manager. The latest version is 4.2. If you need the latest version follow...

3.) Download lastest OS 4.x from...

4.) Install 4.x using the .exe file you just downloaded.

5.) Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it.

6.) Connect your device to your PC via the USB cable.

7.) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. ('Vendor.xml' must be deleted for this step to work) Follow the prompts and you will have OS 4.x installed in about 15 to 20 minutes.

Good luck and of course, myself nor pinstack.com can take responsibilty for any problems that may occur. I will however extend my assistance if you need it.

Perfect upgrade! Thanks, twheeler! Couldn't have been simpler, and beats the crap outta my old Windows Mobile nightmares! (Deleted the actual links from the first post to be able to post my response)

motorhaith no está en línea Stack level 1

i know it sounds like a noob question, but i have a tmobile blackberry pearl 8100, and i was wondering, since it was unlocked, i could update it to a cingular blackberry pearl 8100 OS and use it for cingular? would this be like flashing a motorola from tmobile to cingular?

SBTBAnny no está en línea Stack level 1

anyone have it for the 8100?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by SBTBAnny View Post
    anyone have it for the 8100?
    Have what Anny...what are you looking for? the OS for 8100? The latest would
    be stickied at the top of the 8100 forums.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

MrPerphect no está en línea Stack level 1

How do you backup your device?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by MrPerphect View Post
    How do you backup your device?
    Hook up the phone to the pc and open the DM. If it does not automatically detect the device and get to connected in the top left select options, connection settings, detect. Once connected select back up and restore, backup , and select where you want to save it to. Hope it helps. Welcome to the Stacks MrPerphect.

tnhall no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry

OK. I'm about to resell my blackberry. I obviously chose the wrong tool/phone, but I want to work with what I have.

I also want to upgrade to the latest OS for my unlocked 7290, but I'm not with a BB carrier. I'm with Fido on a prepaid plan. I can't download from Rogers' carrier site because the agreement specifically says that I should be a Rogers customer, which I'm not.

HELP! :cry:

I just want to be able to get Pocketday and similar apps. *sigh*

Thanks in advance.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Just go ahead and download from Rogers. It's not that it want work with your device. I do'n't know if FIDO has a download site for the BB Software.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

tnhall no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Just go ahead and download from Rogers. It's not that it want work with your device. I do'n't know if FIDO has a download site for the BB Software.

Rcbjr.
    As silly as this may sound, my problem is not whether it will work or not but the simple fact that it is prohibited to download from their carrier site if you are not a Rogers customer (I read before I click "accept"). And given the fact that I have to input my name and contact information to RIM before the download, I'd rather not go that route.

If that's the only route then I guess I'm stuck, and I'll live without certain things until I have need to use my BB with a data plan.

Before purchasing a BB, I didn't realize that so much was dependent on having a data plan--and I see from reading PINStack that I'm not the only one. I thought it could just be used as an ordinary organizer/phone.I Obviously, I was wrong. Great product, wrong choice. *sigh*

Oh well. Thanks for your response.

Tracy
    Last edited by tnhall; 01-08-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: I hate errors.

tiffanymarie no está en línea Stack level 1

What do you do if the desktop manager doesnt recognize that an update is available?