Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

I had once upgraded my os by erasing the vendor.xml file and followed the same ... Handheld Guides forum

farhanqure no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry

Advertisement

I had once upgraded my os by erasing the vendor.xml file and followed the same instructions given by you.

But now that I am again facing problem with my os as my BB does not play video files at all, n only gives error messege.

I tried to upgrade the os but after erasing the vendor.xml file the dextop manager detected no updates.

Please suggest me for wat to do.

desktop manager: service pack 2
    bb 8800C

Quote Originally Posted by twheeler
    Here's a quick How To on installing 4.x.

Follow these instructions and you should be able to have OS 4.1xworking for you too.

1.) BACK UP YOUR DATA! - I can't stress how important it is to get a good backup in the event you need to retore your data.

2.) Verify that you are using the latest version of Desktop Manager. In the Desktop manager program on your PC use the Help menu and select About Desktop Manager. The latest version is 4.2. If you need the latest version follow this link.

3.) Download lastest OS 4.x from this link or if available from your carrier its BEST to download here (select carrier)

4.) Install 4.x using the .exe file you just downloaded.

5.) Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it.

6.) Connect your device to your PC via the USB cable.

7.) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. ('Vendor.xml' must be deleted for this step to work) Follow the prompts and you will have OS 4.x installed in about 15 to 20 minutes.

Good luck and of course, myself nor pinstack.com can take responsibilty for any problems that may occur. I will however extend my assistance if you need it.

Daethian no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2411D42E

Quote Originally Posted by twheeler
    Here's a quick How To on installing 4.x.

Follow these instructions and you should be able to have OS 4.1xworking for you too.

Good luck and of course, myself nor pinstack.com can take responsibilty for any problems that may occur. I will however extend my assistance if you need it.

Okay I did this but it doesn't appear that anything happened when I connected my BB to my PC. How can I check what version my OS is? BB Pearl

farhanqure no está en línea Stack level 1

No dear, thats wat is not happening...though I have deleted the vendor.xml file from the location C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml.

But when I connect my BB to the PC via USB and open desktop manager, it dosen't give any upgrade option.

and I don't knw why my 8300C does play the sample BB video file but does not play any other vedio file.

Please suggest ASAP. as I am losing hope of getting things back on track.

8300C
    deskyop manager service pack 2
    vodafone latest OS

hung2311 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20349C89

thanks a lot!

kps01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest OS on my desktop, as suggested I have deleted 'vendor.xml' and then connected the bb8100 using USB cable but it is not prompting for upgrade.

How do i do that?

Please guide

thnx

kamal

kps01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

After upgradiing to .96 in my BB 8100 , all calls go to the voice msg... ve chekced all cal fwdng options in fone and called up CC as well.... they says seems any thing with fone.....

can any one help me on this.

thnx

kamal

Evilsonic33 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks for the help on upgrading

najinaji no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Hi my bb is a pearl i used to be able to download themes but all of a sudden they were gone ....& i can not download any theme any more ..can any one help? thanx

j.mitchell no está en línea Stack level 1

no upgrade for 7230 :-( Any help?

florin1za no está en línea Stack level 1

I had followed all the steps but for some reason I did not get any update prompter. I deleted the vendor.xlm and started first the Manager and I still did not get any message about the update.... what should I do?

Cerberus1987 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can I get the new OS on my 7230? I'm brand new to the BB universe. I want to put themes and things on my phone but I need to update. Just wondering what version I should go with. Thanks.

florin1za no está en línea Stack level 1

I did not get any update prompter even though I had followed all the steps (I think!) BB 8100. I deleted the vendor.xlm and started first the Manager and I still did not get any message about the update.... what should I do?

BBzx3 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have a T-Mobile 8100 and the desktop manager wont recognize a update. i deleted the Vendor.xml' file and it still wont recognize. I double click on the application loader and nothing happens. what is wrong?

Cerberus1987 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the 7230 and I still get no prompt for an update. com_plazmic_theme_reader won't install on the BB no matter what I do. If anyone has any suggestions. It would be greatly appreciated.

BBzx3 no está en línea Stack level 1

my problem is my applicaton loader. its not working