Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

newbie here... I have a TMO 8100 and was wondering if i have to stick ... Handheld Guides forum

jbombs16 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry

Advertisement

newbie here...

I have a TMO 8100 and was wondering if i have to stick with the TMO operating system?

if i upgrade with another carrier, will anything change on my phone(no my myfavs, etc.)?

thanks

J

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

No you are not limited to the TMO version of the Blackberry software. The only problem that might occur would be a slight chance of loss of TMO warranty support if you had a problem. But I don't recommend upgrading just because there's on available. Unless you know that a given upgrade cures a problem that affects your use of the BB I would leave it alone.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

refuter no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a BB Pearl 8100 with OS 4.2.0.71 from Cingular and I am trying to load the latest T-mobile OS onto it before I go ahead and spend money unlocking it. I have installed it. deleted the vendor file, connected it, and I get no messages about changes of OS at all. What am I doingwrong?

Basically it is a Cingular 8100, and I want to use it on T-mobile, now I know I have to pay to unlock it, but can I switch over to T-mobile OS on it? that is what I am trying t odo.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry

Did you click on the app loader icon ?
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

refuter no está en línea Stack level 1

shouldn't the thing have a T-mobile logo once I load a t-mobile specific OS? or do I need to unlock the phone first?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If you are talking about the initial screen that shows AT&T as the BB is powering up, you will never get rid of that. It is not associated with the OS, but is hard coded in an area of memory that is not accessible by the user.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

sheoran no está en línea Stack level 1

hi..

after searching for 'n' number of times...i have a BB7230 v3.7.137(platform 1.6.136). Would like to update it ?? Many thanks in advance !! Wud appreciate if links cud be sent across..

rolypoly no está en línea Stack level 1

Help! I was near the end of upgrading my 7100g to 4.1 OS, when I received an error about a password and not being able to connect. I clicked the "retry" button several times, but had no luck. As a result, I had to cancel the upgrade. Now when I turn on my bb, all I get is a white screen that says "connecting to desktop"... I tried to restore the info on my bb, but DM isn't recognizing my bb anymore.... can anyone help?

molotov626 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am trying to get my icons back on my pearl but i cant get it to work. I need help.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

I have a bb pearl from TMO but it's unlocked; will upgrading the OS mess up the phone? the reason why I am trying to flash the phone is I have that silly missed call icon and I tried everything to get rid of it but it wont go away....also the slow mem card loading issue, that just bites, so my next step would be to wipe the phone and I figured what the heck change the software while I am at it see if I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone!! But I will try this on my day off because this process is an all day thing....my next question how about the 3rd party app is there any know issues after reflashing?? Any suggestions are welcomed....have not messed around with my bb in awhile...thanks
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

mrpae no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you vm guys, your Q&A has been the greatest help, I was in trouble for the past three days until I found this conversation...now vry happy man. Thks to u all , and have a great one!

kcsb no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a 7105t and I am loading the software and I get a message: Unable to reconnect to the device during multi-stage load operation. Can anyone help me with this?

REMIXTINA no está en línea Stack level 1

i need help. i removed some of the languages or whatever from my phone, i got the error message that it is
    Unable to display file /device memory/home/user/pictures/IMG00107.jpg whatever...
    so i did every step that you had on here... and i opend the device manager... and no update or anything showed up, no steps to follow, nothing. i just bought the blackberry pearl. please please help me. i feel like i just completely ruined my phone or whatever please help.

ummati no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I have an 8100 from T-Mobile and its 4.2.0.64 version. However I see that there is 4.2.1.93 available. Can I delete the vendor.xml and upgrade it to that? Would my phone work with TMobile still? Has anyone you know done that? Please let me know as I'm downloading the new version as well speak.

Thanks & Regards,
    -Ummati

oliva no está en línea Stack level 1

need help. i removed some of the languages or whatever from my phone, i got the error message that it is
    Unable to display file /device memory/home/user/pictures/IMG00107.jpg whatever...

so i did every step that you had on here... and i opend the device manager... and no update or anything showed up, no steps to follow, nothing. i just bought the blackberry pearl. please please help me. i feel like i just completely ruined my phone or whatever please help.

I have same problem and cant solve it,Any advice.
    Thanks
    WBR