Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thanks to all for the invaluable information. Just completed upgd to 4.1 on my 7105t ... Handheld Guides forum

ddearing no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CD2FE

Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

Advertisement

Thanks to all for the invaluable information.

Just completed upgd to 4.1 on my 7105t with TMo service (using the Hong Kong CSL package) and all appears to be well with apps on the handheld (knock wood).

The only hitch I have is that when I return to my Desktop (4.1.1.9) App Loader, it still shows all the 4.1 upgrades as outstanding, and wants to go through the process again. I can't load any new themes to my 7105t without App Loader. So how do I mark those upgrades as "done" and get on with it?

BTW, I saved my Vendor.xml file before removing it from the AppLoader directory. Should I put it back, now that the upgrade is complete?
    --
    Doug

BBschmuck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E198CD

I have a 7105t through T-Mobile (US). I can't find the handheld 4.1 software on the T-Mobile site posted, except for the 8700 version. Where can I get it?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

It won't be posted for a while but you can use this link to get 4.1 from another carrier until they release it http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...read.php?t=929

lmc0434 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B09322

is there anyway to update the 7130e to a os that will support zen.

Please pin me or PM me with any helpful information

bubba65 no está en línea Stack level 1

I did my upgrade lastnight, no problems, but I don't have an Internet Browser icon on my 7100g. Any suggestions? Tried different themes and everything...

Pull the battery out, wait a few seconds, put it back in. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Register Now.

virusul no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201FD037

Update ok for BB 7100V with Cingular update, now ym having fun with more themes.

gabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2022D44B

"Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]" when trying to use the Desktop Manager
    PIN: 2022D44B
    Cingular BB 7290
    my free blog hosting

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by fogrocker
    For 71xx, download BlackBerry 7100g(TM) Multilanguage 4.1

That gives me 4.1.0.256 ....

Have a 7105t... anyway to get it up to.300?
    Doesn't go any higher with that for 7105 yet. Only 4.1.0.309's that i know about are only avaliable for 8700's and 8707's.

philou no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi there,
    I am trying to install the 4.1 on my 7230. I have desktop manager 4.1 I have removed the vendor.xml file. But the system doesn't not seem to want to offer me to upgrage what shouid I do? I tried directing the application loaded to the loader file but it refused to do it that way.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by philou
    Hi there,
    I am trying to install the 4.1 on my 7230. I have desktop manager 4.1 I have removed the vendor.xml file. But the system doesn't not seem to want to offer me to upgrage what shouid I do? I tried directing the application loaded to the loader file but it refused to do it that way.
    The 7230 has 16MB of memory correct? This may be a limitation issue and the 7230 may not be upgradeable to the 4.1 OS.

Ms. Brenda

Exactly. I can't upgrade my 7730 because of the memory limit (16 MB).

racaba3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CB7686

Quote Originally Posted by bubba65
    I did my upgrade lastnight, no problems, but I don't have an Internet Browser icon on my 7100g. Any suggestions? Tried different themes and everything...
    I also upgraded my 7100g (Cingular) and lost my browser icon and my mailbox icon, which makes it a REAL pain when trying to read text or emails. Lost both of them after pulling the battery and restarting. This has happened multiple times, both before and after activation with our company's BES. Since I'm a "renegade" and upgraded the OS without my IS' support (but because I found the features of the new OS much better and to some degree necessary than the one this thing came with), I don't get a lot of help internally. Wondering if anyone else encountered this and might know of a fix/solution? I've tried different themes, I've tried restoring files from backup, and multiple battery pulls, all to no avail. Wondering if the solution is to go back a level or two (really rather not, but need the functionality). Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by racaba3
    I also upgraded my 7100g (Cingular) and lost my browser icon and my mailbox icon, which makes it a REAL pain when trying to read text or emails. Lost both of them after pulling the battery and restarting. This has happened multiple times, both before and after activation with our company's BES. Since I'm a "renegade" and upgraded the OS without my IS' support (but because I found the features of the new OS much better and to some degree necessary than the one this thing came with), I don't get a lot of help internally. Wondering if anyone else encountered this and might know of a fix/solution? I've tried different themes, I've tried restoring files from backup, and multiple battery pulls, all to no avail. Wondering if the solution is to go back a level or two (really rather not, but need the functionality). Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!
    Try registering your bb on the network, Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table> Press Pinwheel and select Register Now. This should bring your browser Icon back.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Ok! HELP!!! I upgrade using the TMO 4.1 and it spelled disaster..I kept losing my message Icon dont know why.. I try wiping the handheld...and reloading everything...I deleted the software and try reloding and nothing..any suggestion?
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou