Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 712

Thanks to all for the invaluable information. Just completed upgd to 4.1 on my 7105t ... Handheld Guides forum

  1. #166
    ddearing's Avatar
    ddearing no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    204CD2FE
    Posts
    2

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    Advertisement



    Thanks to all for the invaluable information.

    Just completed upgd to 4.1 on my 7105t with TMo service (using the Hong Kong CSL package) and all appears to be well with apps on the handheld (knock wood).

    The only hitch I have is that when I return to my Desktop (4.1.1.9) App Loader, it still shows all the 4.1 upgrades as outstanding, and wants to go through the process again. I can't load any new themes to my 7105t without App Loader. So how do I mark those upgrades as "done" and get on with it?

    BTW, I saved my Vendor.xml file before removing it from the AppLoader directory. Should I put it back, now that the upgrade is complete?
    --
    Doug

  2. #167
    BBschmuck's Avatar
    BBschmuck no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    23E198CD
    Posts
    35

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    I have a 7105t through T-Mobile (US). I can't find the handheld 4.1 software on the T-Mobile site posted, except for the 8700 version. Where can I get it?

  3. #168
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    It won't be posted for a while but you can use this link to get 4.1 from another carrier until they release it http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...read.php?t=929

  4. #169
    lmc0434's Avatar
    lmc0434 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    PIN/ID
    32B09322
    Posts
    60

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    is there anyway to update the 7130e to a os that will support zen.

    Please pin me or PM me with any helpful information

  5. #170
    bubba65's Avatar
    bubba65 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    I did my upgrade lastnight, no problems, but I don't have an Internet Browser icon on my 7100g. Any suggestions? Tried different themes and everything...

  6. #171
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    Pull the battery out, wait a few seconds, put it back in. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Register Now.

  7. #172
    virusul's Avatar
    virusul no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    201FD037
    Posts
    1

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    Update ok for BB 7100V with Cingular update, now ym having fun with more themes.

  8. #173
    gabe's Avatar
    gabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PIN/ID
    2022D44B
    Posts
    308

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    "Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]" when trying to use the Desktop Manager
    PIN: 2022D44B
    Cingular BB 7290
    my free blog hosting

  9. #174
    N8DBB's Avatar
    N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Posts
    6,028

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by fogrocker
    For 71xx, download BlackBerry 7100g(TM) Multilanguage 4.1

    That gives me 4.1.0.256 ....

    Have a 7105t... anyway to get it up to.300?
    Doesn't go any higher with that for 7105 yet. Only 4.1.0.309's that i know about are only avaliable for 8700's and 8707's.

  10. #175
    philou's Avatar
    philou no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    Hi there,
    I am trying to install the 4.1 on my 7230. I have desktop manager 4.1 I have removed the vendor.xml file. But the system doesn't not seem to want to offer me to upgrage what shouid I do? I tried directing the application loaded to the loader file but it refused to do it that way.

  11. #176
    msbrenda64's Avatar
    msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,391

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by philou
    Hi there,
    I am trying to install the 4.1 on my 7230. I have desktop manager 4.1 I have removed the vendor.xml file. But the system doesn't not seem to want to offer me to upgrage what shouid I do? I tried directing the application loaded to the loader file but it refused to do it that way.
    The 7230 has 16MB of memory correct? This may be a limitation issue and the 7230 may not be upgradeable to the 4.1 OS.

    Ms. Brenda

  12. #177
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    Exactly. I can't upgrade my 7730 because of the memory limit (16 MB).

  13. #178
    racaba3's Avatar
    racaba3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    23CB7686
    Posts
    1

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by bubba65
    I did my upgrade lastnight, no problems, but I don't have an Internet Browser icon on my 7100g. Any suggestions? Tried different themes and everything...
    I also upgraded my 7100g (Cingular) and lost my browser icon and my mailbox icon, which makes it a REAL pain when trying to read text or emails. Lost both of them after pulling the battery and restarting. This has happened multiple times, both before and after activation with our company's BES. Since I'm a "renegade" and upgraded the OS without my IS' support (but because I found the features of the new OS much better and to some degree necessary than the one this thing came with), I don't get a lot of help internally. Wondering if anyone else encountered this and might know of a fix/solution? I've tried different themes, I've tried restoring files from backup, and multiple battery pulls, all to no avail. Wondering if the solution is to go back a level or two (really rather not, but need the functionality). Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

  14. #179
    msbrenda64's Avatar
    msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,391

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    Quote Originally Posted by racaba3
    I also upgraded my 7100g (Cingular) and lost my browser icon and my mailbox icon, which makes it a REAL pain when trying to read text or emails. Lost both of them after pulling the battery and restarting. This has happened multiple times, both before and after activation with our company's BES. Since I'm a "renegade" and upgraded the OS without my IS' support (but because I found the features of the new OS much better and to some degree necessary than the one this thing came with), I don't get a lot of help internally. Wondering if anyone else encountered this and might know of a fix/solution? I've tried different themes, I've tried restoring files from backup, and multiple battery pulls, all to no avail. Wondering if the solution is to go back a level or two (really rather not, but need the functionality). Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!
    Try registering your bb on the network, Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table> Press Pinwheel and select Register Now. This should bring your browser Icon back.

  15. #180
    butterfly2's Avatar
    butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: How to: OS 4.1 Upgrade for your Blackberry

    Ok! HELP!!! I upgrade using the TMO 4.1 and it spelled disaster..I kept losing my message Icon dont know why.. I try wiping the handheld...and reloading everything...I deleted the software and try reloding and nothing..any suggestion?
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •