Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

These are great tips, Hayden, I'm glad I stumbled across them.... Handheld Guides forum

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: How to: Manage your Blackberry for Max Battery life

Advertisement

These are great tips, Hayden, I'm glad I stumbled across them.

ybcuz no está en línea Stack level 1

great tips. Thanks

kikokiko no está en línea Stack level 1

Auto on/off? I recently switched over to a BB from a treo, and on the treo you could access a page which showed u all "Active" programs which were running and you could shut them down either individually, or all together. Is there such a thing for BB? Still trying to get the hang of things. Just noticed my battery drains overnite.

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Thanks for the tips!

Ladywiz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Good Tips Thanks

skaii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242DEE39
    I set the backlight to automatically dim in dark places. Easier on the eyes in the dark and saves battery life.

I also completely turned off my new e-mail message notifications for all my personal e-mail accounts (because I check them anyway when I pick up my blackberry). I kept my work email acct active (go to Profiles>>Advanced Options>>and then select the Profile you will be using [e.g. Normal] and select your personal email. Then set the notification settings out of holster to none).

Also, if you have an mp3 player (like my Curve), use headphones instead of the phone's speaker. Honestly, this uses twice as less power and you get better sound quality with the headphones.

Also using a Bluetooth headset during a phone conversation instead of talking into the actual device saves power. Depending on how often you're on the phone, you could see your battery life extend greatly. Trust me, doing something this amazingly simple will increase your battery life greatly
    Hi. :D

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kikokiko View Post
    Auto on/off? I recently switched over to a BB from a treo, and on the treo you could access a page which showed u all "Active" programs which were running and you could shut them down either individually, or all together. Is there such a thing for BB? Still trying to get the hang of things. Just noticed my battery drains overnite.

On the Curve hit the alt and back button and you will get a banner of all the applications running. Some applications, such as phone and Messenger can not be turned off. Others you can go into them and use the menu to exit or quit.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

La Sheldrick no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the advise

dirtypirate no está en línea Stack level 2
    Leaving demanding applicaions like the web or the camera ruuning in the background on the curve will significantly reduce the battery life. Use this check often or at least when you pull the phone off the charger.

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    On the Curve hit the alt and back button and you will get a banner of all the applications running. Some applications, such as phone and Messenger can not be turned off. Others you can go into them and use the menu to exit or quit.

PJueckstock no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Great tips! But skaii mentioned that using a Bluetooth Headset instead of talking into actual device... While this could be true on some BBs, I have noticed the complete opposite on my BB Pearl. Whenever I use a Bluetooth Headset it drains the battery significantly quicker than when talking on the phone without a Bluetooth Headset. That's just my experience.

Paul

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Great advice

skaii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242DEE39
    Quote Originally Posted by PJueckstock View Post

Great tips! But skaii mentioned that using a Bluetooth Headset instead of talking into actual device... While this could be true on some BBs, I have noticed the complete opposite on my BB Pearl. Whenever I use a Bluetooth Headset it drains the battery significantly quicker than when talking on the phone without a Bluetooth Headset. That's just my experience.

Paul
    Hi. :D

cass921 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for all the tips this should save me a lot of battery life.

rt4life21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    I never knew that the Curve had a running applications screen. When I the Alt and back buttons it pops up and disappears instantly, I have to hold both buttons down to get the running aps to stay showing. Is that supposed to happen? It makes it impossible to scroll over to an app you want to selectively close and it may not even show up because you can only see the few that it initially shows. Thanks.

billwillwinn no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi,
    I have a pearl and all my contacts are in phone memory, The phone has had trama ( won't turn on) anyway for me to access these contacts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast