Hello I found a way of putting jad and jars on a blackberry without using ... Handheld Guides forum

rdel no está en línea Stack level 1

How to load JAD&JAR from desktop (not OTA)

Advertisement

Hello
    I found a way of putting jad and jars on a blackberry without using over air data transfers. It worked for me it should work for you. (I'm using a BB8700 with 4.5)
    First you need a laptop with bluetooth or a home computer with either built in bluetooth or one of these. (go to ebay and type in (USB 2.0 Mini Bluetooth EDR Adapter Dongle For Laptop PC )in the search.
    Turn on your bluetooth on the BB and computer and mate them. (sounds kinky)
    On the bottom right hand screen of your computer you should see a bluetooth emblem, right click on the emblem and hit the send file . In the BB go to media and in the menu hit Receive using bluetooth. Hit next on the computer then brouse and hit file to send to BB (jad) hit open.
    The BB will ask where to store the file (...home/user/documents)
    hit save.
    do the same for the jar file.
    In BB media click for menu and click on Explore.
    Click on device memory, then home, then user, then documents.you will find your jad and jar files you just uploaded there.
    click on the jad file and hit open.(click)... Scroll down and hit the download button.
    sometimes the BB will tell you (application does not contain a signature..............) want to proceed?
    click yes.
    wait for the install to finish
    Then app was successfully installed. click OK
    Exit media and search for the program on the BB. (it will be there)
    later you can go back to media and explore (device memory/home/user/documents) and delete the old jad and jar files to free up memory.

If you decide you want to delete the program you added, then go to options, then advanced options the click on applications. scroll down the the program you want to delete and click on it and hit delete.

I hope this helps you and if you feel like dropping me a line and letting me know that would be great.
    Or if you want to purchase a 3 piece fried chicken dinner for me, I'll let you know my paypal address.
    thanks rdel
    Last edited by rdel; 06-22-2009 at 04:48 AM.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sweet! Thanks for the tip!

(extra crispy, original or grilled?
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Good tip thanks for sharing, I'll buy the soda
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

indocontest no está en línea Stack level 2
    Nice tip... Thanks for sharing it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I did something similar. I transfered the file onto the sd card through my computer. Opened bb and clicked explore. Selected file, asked to download, then keep getting error. Dont know why.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    I did something similar. I transfered the file onto the sd card through my computer. Opened bb and clicked explore. Selected file, asked to download, then keep getting error. Dont know why.
    this method will work just as well.bottom line is,you need to get the files to the BB whether it's via bluetooth or usb cord. unfortunately not all jad/jar files will cooperate when handled this way.best advice is to try it and see.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks