Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hi, I own a BB 8707v in the OS 4.1. I was trying to download ... Handheld Guides forum

Hariharan3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: How To: Erase all the data and applications on the BlackBerry device

Advertisement

Hi,
    I own a BB 8707v in the OS 4.1. I was trying to download few themes lastnight from here. Looks like by mistake I downloaded the 4.2 OS theme. My BB got hung while doing it and later I realised its 4.2 OS. After few minutes my phone got off,and was trying to restart with the LED red on.to my shock then came a why screen with error message "DATA ABORT RETRY". I tried taking the battery out and in again. Did that 'n' times still it shows me the same error message and takes me nowhere. Tried connecting the BB to my laptop, to my dismay it is not even recognised by the laptop.
    I am a newbie, can you please help me as soon as possible. I have lost hope now, coz my phone doesnt even start at all, just shows me the error message. Now I have just removed the battery and my BB is an empty box. Help me please.Thanks.

trailer88 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: Erase all the data and applications on the BlackBerry device

I've done tons of searching. I first tried your/blackberry's method of "erase all the data and applications".

I inherited a Pearl from someone who got an iPhone (I pity the poor soul...no take backs!!!). I want the phone completely reset, including applications. I am not able to get the above method to work (password 10 times in application loader). The data is cleared, the phone presents the orientation walk through when it restarts, the theme defaulted to the AT&T theme, but all previous themes and applications are still present. I even did an R&R on the BB software on the PC.
    Last edited by trailer88; 07-13-2007 at 07:02 PM.

eviljonny no está en línea Stack level 2

Before wiping the device do not forget to disable Content Compression and Content Protection, (assuming you had them enabled) from General Security Settings. If you dont the wipe can take up to 2 hours! Trust me, I have gone through this at least 10 times before I realized what was the cause.

maxi2001hk no está en línea Stack level 1

hey guys,
    i have a prob with my blackberry 8700 handheld. i am trying to remove the password from my handheld but i cant remove the passwords. when i try going to Options >Security Options >Genral Option >Password: ( here i cant find any optiion to DISABLE the passwords) it says( changePasswords ). can anyone help me with this prob plz? i want to remove the passwords from my handheld. but i cant any way. if anyone can help. i will be very thankFull to you guys.
    M-2-R

eviljonny no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by maxi2001hk
    hey guys,
    i have a prob with my blackberry 8700 handheld. i am trying to remove the password from my handheld but i cant remove the passwords. when i try going to Options >Security Options >Genral Option >Password: ( here i cant find any optiion to DISABLE the passwords) it says( changePasswords ). can anyone help me with this prob plz? i want to remove the passwords from my handheld. but i cant any way. if anyone can help. i will be very thankFull to you guys.
    M-2-R
    Is this a corporate device? If so, your BES admin may be enforcing a security policy which does not allow users to disable the device password. Why do you want to disable the password on your device anyway? Safety first, buddy.

wildlilminx no está en línea Stack level 1

so what if you want to restart it but are having the same problem as me. my blackberry wont turn on. i have taken the battery out a few times its been charged so the cattery isnt dead and all im getting is a red led light flashing. it wont do absolutly anything. how can i connect it to device manager if it wont switch on in the first place????

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by wildlilminx
    so what if you want to restart it but are having the same problem as me. my blackberry wont turn on. i have taken the battery out a few times its been charged so the cattery isnt dead and all im getting is a red led light flashing. it wont do absolutly anything. how can i connect it to device manager if it wont switch on in the first place????
    See the response to your post in this thread.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mpeeps32 no está en línea Stack level 1

You can wipe the hh...settings>options>security options>general settings>click track wheel or menu key>select wipe handheld> you will be promted to type blackberry.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

Quote Originally Posted by nasiatka85
    I Have a 7130e and only the hour glass comes and then red lcd light then resets

nasiatka85@hotmail.com

HEADLINE FIX YOUR BLACKBERRY
    Try to take the battery out while the phone is on and just let it reset itself. Its gonna hourglass for a minute before it comes up again, but you should be fine after that.

emmilly no está en línea Stack level 1

AW: How To: Erase all the data and applications on the BlackBerry device

hi please some full of ICQ help out
    I'm confuse Cuz
    my 7100t give me the message Device Error :404 what can i do?

lorochka no está en línea Stack level 2

hayden, Thanks for info. Had to replace the phone, your post was very helpful.

dredwood no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D16B02

I have the same problem as Hariharan3. Tried all the re-booting steps & nothing is working for me!
    "It's easier to move forward in life than backward"

ahmedmali no está en línea Stack level 1

Please can any one say to me how i can unlock my blackberry 8700c

jeffmol no está en línea Stack level 1

Procedures posed in this thread do NOT work

Hi. I've tried many times to use the procedures noted in this thread to erase all the data and applications and they do not work on my 8700g (tMobile). If anyone can please explain why after DAYS of trying these methods I would greatly appreciate it. I have also researched similar threads that discuss moving from BES to BIS and they also fail to yield results. They talk about turning off Content Compression and Content Protection before re-installing the OS -- but of course, when you go to do that can NOT be turned off. BES won't let you -- yaaay! Please if someone knows what to do you may just save a life. I'm seriously contemplating tossing this thing under a truck -- after all this time investment in remedies that say they'll help me and in the end do not!

SuperCape no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    251b1ddc
    Ok, let's make a little briefing: I'd like to see my phone in the same condition as it was the first time that it booted up (no data no external apps, just the os with the default apps). What should i do? By the time that i manage to wipe it clean, how do i reinstall the os? And could there be problems with my carrier?

Also, what happen if i type the correct password in the wipe handheld screen?
    Last edited by SuperCape; 03-13-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast