1. Select homepage Personal Email Setup icon (if BES), or otherwise log on to your ... Handheld Guides forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Lightbulb HOW TO: Edit "Sent By Blackberry" Message In Email

Advertisement

1. Select homepage Personal Email Setup icon (if BES), or otherwise log on to your account at your carrier's site: Here
    2. Click on "edit" next to the email account you wish to modify.
    3. Where "signature" is indicated, delete if you don't want a signature, or otherwise change to display
    the new signature desired.
    4. Save.
    Last edited by Berryadict; 01-24-2009 at 07:34 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    1. Select homepage Personal Email Setup icon, or otherwise log on to your carrier's site: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...#tab_tab_email
    2. Click on "edit" next to the email account you wish to modify.
    3. Where "signature" is indicated, delete if you don't want a signature, or otherwise change to display
    the new signature desired.
    4. Save.
    Need to clarify in Step 1 that selecting the Setup Internet Email icon works on devices connected to BES and that logging onto the carrier site works for BIS devices. There has been confusion about that.

Thank you Erica! At&t has icon on homescreen: Personal Email Setup that takes you right there. Those with other carriers please note Erica's post if applicable

I wasn't talking about carriers. I was referring to whether the BB is on a BIS account (personal email) or BES account (work email). The ability to change the signature DOES NOT show up on my 8120 because I am not on a BES. This occurs regardless of the carrier.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Email Setup icon does take you there on all devices, but on BIS you do not have the option to edit your signature from the bb, only by logging in via PC. I think that's what erica was trying to say Or are you saying that via ATT it allows you to actually edit this from the BB? The signature is visible but can't be edited via BB on alltel, verizon, t-mobile...... I thought this was the case for all carriers.......but there are always new changes to keep us on our toes
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

You're correct Az. It's not dependent on the carrier. It's dependent on BES or BIS access. I can't change my signature on my 8120 without logging into my mytmobile account because I don't have a BES account.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-24-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Original post amended. Thank you to Az & Erica

You're welcome. Like I said, I've seen this come up numerous times on here and I just wanted to clear the confusion.