Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I should re-do the Ultimate guide to backing up your third party apps guide. The ... Handheld Guides forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

I should re-do the Ultimate guide to backing up your third party apps guide. The guy that did it moved his images so the links are broken and the screen shots were really helpful. I always just save the .cod files from my bb to my pc then modify a copy of an .alx file to load the new app. You can actually save the .cods, create an .alx and put them together into a folder and load them just like any app you have downloaded as a zip file. Once you do a few it becomes pretty easy. I save all my themes and games purchased from bplay and similar sites this way.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I should re-do the Ultimate guide to backing up your third party apps guide. The guy that did it moved his images so the links are broken and the screen shots were really helpful. I always just save the .cod files from my bb to my pc then modify a copy of an .alx file to load the new app. You can actually save the .cods, create an .alx and put them together into a folder and load them just like any app you have downloaded as a zip file. Once you do a few it becomes pretty easy. I save all my themes and games purchased from bplay and similar sites this way.
    YES! That would be wonderful

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3
    great post.

fyi, this is also a great way to backup old apps that are no longer available (eg: Rove Mobile File Manager, Google Search *separately*).

also: zip up this folder, then copy it to your media card along with a recent ipd/cab backup and the desktop manager installer and you're all set for a complete restore in under an hour.

you'll be thankful you did this while on the road and away from your home pc... especially if you HAVE to install the latest beta OS

chendanbb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for a great post, pdxmatts! I never thought about backing up my 3rd party apps that way but its very useful and it's good to be prepared in case something happens.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    This guide is the isshhhhh!!! Thanks for posting!! Very useful and I will pass this information on to all my customers. The Stacks Rule!!!

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Very grateful for the info. So simple! Thanks!

Yes, it is pretty simple. Anyone can do it.

~via smartphone~

Subarudude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    who noze
    idk, I followed all the steps, and it doesn't work for me....(storm)...it keeps giving me this message:

"No additional applications designed for your device were found".....

so idk, this sucks....here we go...1+ hours of installing 20 apps again
    Running the .132 OS with v3.5 Hybrid installed, working pretty nice!

When you upgrade or downgrade you shouldn't lose your apps. Unless you are wiping it first? Is that what you have been doing?

Also the no additional applications thing usually only shows up if either you don't have the BB OS installed on your computer, or the items are already in the list of apps in the application loader.......
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    who noze
    generally yes, I wipe it with jl_camder, but I didn't think this would affect it, since i've backed everything up and followed all those steps..

but anyway, no reason for me to cry about it now, its all said and done...

i'll just be more mindful of what i am doing next time around

Well, a normal backup won't save 3rd party stuff, but this will. Maybe try it again sometime. Is there a reason you are wiping each time? It's usually not necessary....I have only done it once out of the many upgrades and downgrades I have done on my BBs....
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    who noze
    well, i fel that I have less trouble upgrading to a new OS after I wipe with JL_camder...

I had a big issue in the past where, if I didn't wipe, it wouldn't recognize the newer OS, and then I would have to go through an hour of clicking, and aww gawd, i just sick of it, so I just started wiping it, and I haven't hap issues with anything

other than this 1 time of 3rd party apps deal, but no big deal...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Please note, JL_Cmder should only be done as a last resort. The Device Software install wipes the device anyway but makes it easier as DM will detect the device more readily.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

After you follow the steps and save the file with your pin number. You should be able to open app loader and click on the pin saved and it will add the third paty apps to the app loader. Then you can check the boxes of the ones you want to add to your phone and click finish.

~via smartphone~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    This is invalueable. . .and to think you posted this before my pearl died in feb wish i had known about this then!!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast