Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My Pearl gives me the option to copy all cotacts to SIM but since I ... Handheld Guides forum

jjbertramiv no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Guide to: Saving Contacts to a Sim Card

Advertisement

My Pearl gives me the option to copy all cotacts to SIM but since I have over 300 their isn't room and it cancels the copy, I haven't gotten around to picking the more important ones out and copying one by one. Man this is going to take a while.

AidanLowe no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello, I'm new here, but if it wasn't too much trouble, I was wondering if Mr. jjbertramiv could tell me how he was able to transfer all contact to the SIM card. This would be a great help. Thank you.

b06xob no está en línea Stack level 1

All,

I have a BB 8700 and I was able to save each entry to the SIM phonebook (one by one). Search the forums here for Guide to: Saving Contacts to a Sim Card. (Because I cant post urls)

If you want to move multiple entries from a previous sim card, use the BB Desktop Manager. Put the old sim card into the BB and syncronize your address book with your favorite PIM. Then put in the new SIM card and syncronize your address book again. This will put the new entries into the BB but not on the SIM card. If you want to put them on the SIM card, search the forums here for Guide to: Saving Contacts to a Sim Card. (Because I cant post urls). Hope this helps....

j120284 no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there a software out there that can copy all my numbers, emails, address, etc to word or excel. I would like to have a copy on my computer. Is that possible without having to type out all 300 of them?

JOdell no está en línea Stack level 1

Have tried the procedure that N8DBB suggested to save contacts to the SIM card, however it, but when I look at my SIM card, I cannot see the file with the contact.

Also, I see a lot here on transferring all contacts, but do not see a solution how that can be accomplished. Some mention a "copy all" feature, but cannot find one on the 8300. Perhaps it is not supported by AT&T,
    --and, BTW, by "copy all" I am referring to the ability to copy everything from my address book onto my SIM card.

Thanks.
    Last edited by JOdell; 07-26-2007 at 07:13 PM.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Quote Originally Posted by jjbertramiv
    My Pearl gives me the option to copy all cotacts to SIM but since I have over 300 their isn't room and it cancels the copy, I haven't gotten around to picking the more important ones out and copying one by one. Man this is going to take a while.
    Care to explain how?
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The question I really want to know, since the standard specifies one telephone number per contact is a SIM phone book which number is the default number transferred. I have never found a way to transfer any other way than listed in Post one of this thread.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

davidhoggard no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by proseman
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~This may be an odd question, but what advantage is there in saving numbers to the SIM card?
    Because that's the best way to transfer the contact list to a second phone.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack davidhoggard. Your response was very good, also let me add if your BB gets messed up, and you dont have a good backup or are not synced to a computer, then your sim card holds all your contacts and you can put that card into another phone to access your contacts.

nick1973 no está en línea Stack level 1

So it would be fair to say then that in actual fact the only way to transfer all your bb contacts to your sim is one by one.... I have over a thousand... thats gonna take a while.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by nick1973
    I have over a thousand... thats gonna take a while.
    I have that same problem.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Thumbs down Re: Guide to: Saving Contacts to a Sim Card

Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~7100i are on Nextell right? These phones are mike and mike phones automatically save your phone books entry on the sim card... At least this way it works with telus mobility in Canada.
    Not on mine. I have to move them individually. It is a pain since I have over 200 Mikes to keep in it. I want just the Mikes on the sim card so I can activate a second FULL FEATURE BB for everything else!!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169 View Post
    Welcome to pinstack davidhoggard. Your response was very good, also let me add if your BB gets messed up, and you dont have a good backup or are not synced to a computer, then your sim card holds all your contacts and you can put that card into another phone to access your contacts.
    Indeed. Moving from the SIM to the BB is much easier than going from the BB to SIM. How difficult would it be to provide a "select all" feature to go from BB to SIM?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12