First of all, yes, I did read and carefully apply each step of N8DBB's guide ... Handheld Guides forum

Salao no está en línea Stack level 1

Glasshour of Hell

Advertisement

First of all, yes, I did read and carefully apply each step of N8DBB's guide to ReInstall OS when the computer won't recognize the device is connected, numerous times. As a matter of fact, I read each and every post on several threads. Yet I can't make it work.
    Unlocked BB 8800 Cingular started the path through Belzebu's premises when I tried to swap SIM cards with a friend. Since, nothing but the hourglass of doom. Deleted the vendor file, reinserted the battery, wiped the handheld and waited, changed USB cables, JL up and down, kept reading, applied each method 3 times, wiped again, let the handheld think with and without the usb connected, everything. Nothing happens but the increase of hate towards hourglasses.
    Last night started to believe that I had to be even more patient, so I let the hourglass count each and every of my 6 hours sleep. Nothing.
    In fact, I never got any error message other than 507 after wipe.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks in advance,
    Salao (some kind of bad luck nick in spanish)

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Glasshour of Hell

Is the BB still under warrenty? It could be a faulty device and might need replacing. I had a similar issue with a 7250 and could not get past the wonderful 507 message. Verizon sent a replacement and use the same cable, os, everything is the same except for the replacement BB. Hope this helps.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    So, you've tried re-inserting the battery at the point of "connecting to device", or whatever it says?

Actually I've tried reinserting the battery at the "Erasing applications" stage. Should I do it when connecting (initializing)?
    Other thing is that Application loader says that its going to (Action) UPDATE the BB 4.2 system software and INSTALL BB 4.2 core apps, even when I wipeb the BB.
    Last edited by Salao; 05-29-2007 at 04:59 PM.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by Salao
    Actually I've tried reinserting the battery at the "Erasing applications" stage. Should I do it when connecting (initializing)?
    Other thing is that Application loader says that its going to (Action) UPDATE the BB 4.2 system software and INSTALL BB 4.2 core apps, even when I wipeb the BB.
    Salao, you should only reinsert your battery when you get to step 13 (much later in the process). Here's the link: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...r_wont-10.html.

Well exactly on step 13 is when I'm reinserting the battery, with the exception of step 12 not coming at any time during the process.
    Thanks for your concern, it's been 2 days now on the verge of a BB breakdown.

1 thing is sure for me now. Wipe is not working so I'm going back to basics. Nevertheless "unable to open port" solution for non-connective non-recongnizable handhelds is hard to find. So I'm now developing a Gandhi-like patience to get there.
    Remarkable as my patience is getting that I can't help thinking that maybe I should wait 'till the end of time for the glasshour to drop dead. I can't kill it.
    But no, I will with a little help from my stackers.
    Please don't react as I'm joking. I'm just goooooing sliiiightly maaaaaaaaaaad, I'm goiing sligthlyyyyy maaaaad.