Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Fantastic advice! Bought myself a (temporary) replacement 7100v off Ebay that was previously used on ... Handheld Guides forum

Shytalkz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Re: How To: Get your browser/email back after O.S. Install/Reinstall

Advertisement

Fantastic advice! Bought myself a (temporary) replacement 7100v off Ebay that was previously used on BES. Managed to wipe that off (and the need to have a bloody password) by making use of the very helpful advice at blackberryDOTig3DOTnet (via a link in the general blackberry forum), just got stumped by the lack of a browser. Et voila, it was here! Thanks

alvinboy99 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have a blackberry 7100I nextel with a boost sim in it i been trying to download ringtones but it say browser needs service books somthin like that but i have opera on my phone and i can accsess the net is ther anyways i can get the browser on my phone i really need it ...or is there another way around it

arpaterson no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having the same problem as others who have posted here i.e. missing browser, ‘blackberry help’ and email set up.

I have had this problem in the past and by going to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table and then selecting "Register Now" it fixed the problem.

This time it does not bring back the browser icon. I receive the message to confirm that my Blackberry has registered with the network. I have the GRPS icon and my email (via Corporate BES) is working fine so I am pretty sure I am registered on the network.

I had a look at some of the other settings and noticed that under Options>Advanced Options>Service Book the following service books are showing as disallowed:

O2 UK WAPtrans [WAP]
    O2 UK Secure WAPtrans [WAP]
    WAP MMS Transport [WAP]
    I have also noticed under Options>Security Options>General Settings the IT policy was last updated today and that under Options> Advanced Options>Browser the default browser configuration is blank and cannot be changed

Is it possible that my BES Admin has disabled the browser?

Thanks for any help you may be to provide.

My set up:
    Device : Pearl
    Carrier : O2 in the UK

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

arpatterson - it definately sounds like your BES admin pushed something thru to disable it...i'd talk to that person first...it could have been an accident

arpaterson no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi Cherrichiodo

I have spoken to my helpdesk team / BES Admin and they say that there has been no recent update to the security policies.

I have also tried installing the Opera browser but get a message about connections inside and outside the firewall which are not allowed by the IT policy.

Any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by arpaterson; 03-07-2007 at 12:46 PM.

nerf_69 no está en línea Stack level 1

do i need a data plan to have a browser icon??? if not then my bb is missing it

crazyfun_71 no está en línea Stack level 1

i downloaded a theme from here and my browser deleted too and re registering it in the host routing table isnt working HEEEELLPPP please!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfun_71
    i downloaded a theme from here and my browser deleted too and re registering it in the host routing table isnt working HEEEELLPPP please!!

Hi crazyfun_71,

Also see: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tml#post213637

your other post was answered.

enjoy

mobyl no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: How To: Get your browser/email back after O.S. Install/Reinstall

Quote Originally Posted by halero
    i keep having the same problem on my 7250. i can only seem to get my browser back by wiping handheld from security options and then getting device reactivated on bes, or by doing a wipe using the javaloader. a few days later i will get a java.lang.illegalstateexception error and same thing starts all over again! really annoying.
    I keep having the same problem with my 8700 on Rogers (canada). Any ideas anyone?

lg76010 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am not getting an internet browser or Cingular browser after registering my device. I receive the email, but I do not get the icons. I have the Red Blackberry Pearl phone. Can some please help me out?

cpangali no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by lg76010
    I am not getting an internet browser or Cingular browser after registering my device. I receive the email, but I do not get the icons. I have the Red Blackberry Pearl phone. Can some please help me out?
    Did you figure out how to get the browser back? I am having the same issue (browser disappears after I register for email. Email is working fine).

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

welcome to the stacks. as your pearl is new perhaps this thread may help
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...handhelds.html
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

ricky_javi420 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Problem: Installed a new or reinstalled an existing O.S. (Operating System) onto your device and now you can not send or receive emails nor access the internet.

Solution: You need to reregister your device on the cellular network.

Go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table. Click your trackwheel and choose "Register Now".

You will then have a message in your inbox stating that your device has sucessfully been registered with the network.

Within seconds (sometimes a matter of a few minutes), email will be active and a browser icon will appear on your homescreen, confirming that you are now receiving data service.

*If by chance this doesn't work, just try again. If after 3 times it is still not successful, post on Pinstack and we will attempt to troubleshoot and assist you.
    Its Been Almost 2 Hours and my Browser and Media Net wont pop up! I registered to like 3 diff numbers of all in my Cingular Phone 8100 Pearl!

ricky_javi420 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Problem: Installed a new or reinstalled an existing O.S. (Operating System) onto your device and now you can not send or receive emails nor access the internet.

Solution: You need to reregister your device on the cellular network.

Go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table. Click your trackwheel and choose "Register Now".

You will then have a message in your inbox stating that your device has sucessfully been registered with the network.

Within seconds (sometimes a matter of a few minutes), email will be active and a browser icon will appear on your homescreen, confirming that you are now receiving data service.

*If by chance this doesn't work, just try again. If after 3 times it is still not successful, post on Pinstack and we will attempt to troubleshoot and assist you.
    Im Getting this message!

Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor (0xac3ae76427d17f19) timeout
    Please any Help!!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_javi420
    Im Getting this message!

Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor (0xac3ae76427d17f19) timeout
    Please any Help!!!
    Check this thread out, Problem on Some New BlackBerry Handhelds for information on this problem and what is needed to solve it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast