Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To display the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Gateway Internet Protocol (IP) address and port numbers ... Handheld Guides forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

How To - Display the WAP Gateway IP address and ports on the BlackBerry device

Advertisement

To display the Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) Gateway Internet Protocol (IP) address and port numbers on the BlackBerry device, complete the following steps:
    1. On the BlackBerry device Home screen, click Options.Depending on the theme running on your BlackBerry device, you may need to click Settings, then Options.
    2. Click Advanced and select Service Book.Depending on the BlackBerry Device Software version running on your BlackBerry device, you may need to click Service Book.
    3. Select WAP Transport, click the trackwheel, and select View.Note: Contact your service provider if WAP Transport is not displayed.
    4. Click the trackwheel and select Show HRT.
    5. Click the trackwheel and select View.The WAP Gateway IP address and port numbers are displayed in the IP/Ports field. The first eleven digits represent your WAP Gateway IP address. The next four digits represent your WAP Gateway port number. The last four digits represent your User Datagram Protocol (UDP) port number.
      For example, if the IP/Ports field displays 111.111.11.111:2222:3333, then your WAP Gateway IP address is 111.111.11.111, your WAP Gateway port number is 2222, and your UDP port number is 3333.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: How To - Display the WAP Gateway IP address and ports on the BlackBerry device

Secret little menu I have played with this BB for about a year and still am finding new hidden features!

cadetstimpy no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To - Display the WAP Gateway IP address and ports on the BlackBerry device

i dont have that in my phone.. im trying to run the web and email without BES. i read a way to do it but it doesnt seem to be working for me, it worked for them.. but im not sure what im doing wrong.. i dont have an advanced menu and in my service book menu there is nothing, when i click the track wheel it gives me close or hide menu... can anyone help me out? do i even need these settings? i assumed i did in order to get online..

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

cadetstimpy, welcome to the Stacks if I haven't already said that. A couple of questions. Do you have a Blackberry data plan associated with your phone account? If so, have you set up your BIS account with the IMEI and PIN from your 7280? What indication is displayed on the home screen? Does it say GPRS?

When we get the answers to these questions we can help further.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

rick8245 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hayden,

Thanks for the input, but on my BB (7230) i do not have ADVANCED (beneath the OPTIONS).

Where can I setup the IP-ADDRESS and PROXY in the 7230 ??
    I searched in every option, but I could not find anything.

PLEASE HELP

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try just Options then.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

frostybleu no está en línea Stack level 1

Do I need a data plan to gain access to web? 'cause I don't thing the browser in the advance option helps.

Thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Yes, a data plan is required for internet access.

rick8245 no está en línea Stack level 1

What is a data plan, and how you gonna getit ???

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I think we need to start a Hayden appreciation thread

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by rick8245
    What is a data plan, and how you gonna getit ???
    A BlackBerry data plan is a feature that allows the Blackberry device to access the RIM Data Network through the Carriers Cellular Network. You get it by contacting your Carrier and asking that it be added to your Account. Of course your Carrier must have an agreement for supporting Blackberry Devices with RIM before they can offer a BB data plan.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

unrenowned no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ here's my contribution, now I'm new so please be gentle with your LART's...
    I'm using a BB 8700g with T-Mobile, OS 4.1.0.346.
    I couldn't find the WAP Transport setting under Advanced Options, HOWEVER I did find this little gem: Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Book -> Blackberry Internet Browsing Service. Scroll down a bit and it shows your Gateway IP. Also, at the top it says: Record Type. If you click your Track Wheel (TW) you can select Show HRT. Scroll through the list will reveal one of the services in BOLD type. Click your TW and select View. This will show you the same thing as Hayden's step 5 above. So basically this is the same as Hayden's directions except its a minor work around for the missing WAP Transport step. I only have the 8700g so I don't know if this will work for the others.
    Hope I'm not repeating anything possibly posted in another forum thread...

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

ok I followed the directions with no problems but my IP/Ports: is 0.0.0.0:0 why is that? my internet, email, BB messenger work perfectly
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

zding2000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi all.

When I open the "Service Book" on 8800, it is totally empty. How can I get it to
    display IP/ports, gateways?

Thanks.

shishir no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the same problem there is nothing under service book what should i do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast