SOMEONE!!! Please help! I need a way to clear (delete) the entire call log on ... Handheld Guides forum

lefty1i no está en línea Stack level 1

Question CLEARING ENTIRE CALL LOG (8700c)

Advertisement

SOMEONE!!! Please help! I need a way to clear (delete) the entire call log on a Blackberry 8700c without performing a device wipe (we are activated against a BES server). Anyone successfully done this? One at a time would take forever! Thanks in advance

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: CLEARING ENTIRE CALL LOG (8700c)

Ok...Go to your messages folder...click trackwheel, go down to view folder, scroll down to call logs and missed calls and delete prior..

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

naibor no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318FD2AF

Could you go to your call logs screen, click on your alt button and while holding it down scroll your trackwheel through all the numbers you wanted to delete? Just a guess, I have a 7100i but I don't know, even though we may have different bb models some of the functions are similar....

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by naibor
    Could you go to your call logs screen, click on your alt button and while holding it down scroll your trackwheel through all the numbers you wanted to delete? Just a guess, I have a 7100i but I don't know, even though we may have different bb models some of the functions are similar....
    This doesnt work on my 7100i. Does it for you naibor?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Chris, Are you trying this from the Call Log Folder (View Folders, Call Log)? Works just fine on my 8700.

Richard.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I see two different approaches mentioned above.

The actual "call log", obtained by pressing the green 'call' key, or clicking on the phone icon in the main menu, is only a limited log of recent calls (20 unique calls; ie: if 1 person calls 3 times, only the most recent call is listed and it only counts as 1 of the 20 in this list view, and that's with using "Call Log View"). The record of calls can be deleted from this screen, one by one.

Secondly, going into the Messages menu, then selecting View Folder, then Phone Call Logs, or ALT+P, will filter your message list to show only phone calls. This list will be much longer than the 20 recent calls in the phone app list.

From this view you could click on today's date and then select Delete Prior.

One thing to remember is that the BB treats any message the same way, so if you have auto-aging rules set in Messages --> Options --> General Options --> Keep Messages ...., then your phone calls will age in the same way as your emails or SMS.

You can also view the total number of phone calls in the device database. From the Homescreen --> Options --> Status --> click wheel & choose Database Sizes. This screen should also allow you to determine that you've cleared your call history.

However, you did mention that you are on Big Brother BES, is it version 1984? (ha! Lame Orwellian reference..) But seriously, if you are on a BES, it is possible that your phone calls are being tracked and archived. Not that they are, but that it's possible.

Remember: the BlackBerry was originally created as a secure corporate device. If you've got one issued by your company and on their BES, assume that nothing you type or click is confidential solely to you. The possibility for them to know everything is there and real.

naibor no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318FD2AF

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    This doesnt work on my 7100i. Does it for you naibor?
    You know what???? I spoke incorrectly. It works when I delete my message list, not the phone call list..oops

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Chris, Are you trying this from the Call Log Folder (View Folders, Call Log)? Works just fine on my 8700.

Richard.
    Call Log. I know about the deleting in the call log folder, but was hoping naibor found a quick way inside call log.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I just managed to delete multiple entries in my 8700 Phone App recent calls list, by using ALT + Scroll to highlight multiple entries, then either clicking the TW and selecting Delete, or using the Delete key to delete them.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

vanelli no está en línea Stack level 1

WOW found it!
    to delete all calls from the Call log, do what everyone already said.... highlight the date and select delete prior..

to delete the phone log... highlight the first call and use the alt or shift key and the scroll wheel to select all of them, then del.
    good luck

d9y
    d9y no está en línea Stack level 1

HOw does one clear the call log for the blackberry pearl 8100?