Hello, I recently picked up a used 7290 and found that there was no phone ... Handheld Guides forum

chickenwaft no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't Find Phone Icon in Home Menu

Advertisement

Hello,

I recently picked up a used 7290 and found that there was no phone icon or function. The physical phone button exists but it does not respond when i push it.

I also tried alt+click wheel and scroll to "show all" in the home screen and nothing there as well.

I am able to receive text messages but unable to receive or make phone calls. I also do not have a data plan.

I'm still really new to this, so i have no a clue which / what software to download to install the phone application on my blackberry.

Strange.. a SmartPhone without a Phone option. =)

I would appreciate any help i can get

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Can't Find Phone Icon in Home Menu

Go see a rep from your carrier so he can investigate and have your phone repaired or replaced if need be. It is not normal to not be able to call with a phone lol!!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Can't Find Phone Icon in Home Menu

Welcome to pinstack. Most likely the phone app has been removed. If you download your handheld software to your computer, then run desktop manager application loader, you may just need to checkmark and install the phone app.

Let us know how it goes.