Hi All, I am trying to install AmageGPS on my wife's Pearl. I believe the ... Handheld Guides forum

shansmis no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Application Unlock a Pearl

Advertisement

Hi All,

I am trying to install AmageGPS on my wife's Pearl. I believe the phone is application lock by AT&T meaning many 3rd party applications cannot be installed until this is removed. There is an application to do this on my Blackjack called SDApplication_Unlock.exe .... anthything similar for a Blackberry?

BTW, AmazeGPS is a free talking GPS program like Google Maps and Live Search....of course you have to have a BT GPS to get the most out of the program.....

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Application Unlock a Pearl

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm not understanding what you're requesting. Is the application made for the pearl?

When you're speaking of 2 different devices like the BJ and a BB its like apples and oranges. Anything made for the BJ will not work on a BB. Windows mobile is totally different from BB platform. So unless they have made the application for the BB the it will not work.
    Last edited by reddog187; 08-20-2007 at 11:00 PM. Reason: spelling

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

The at&t Pearl has no such "lock". The 8820 would be the first at&t BB to be "locked" to Telenav and it has yet to be released.

What problems are you having? It's possible that the Pearl has an IT policy on it that prevents the installation of 3rd party apps. If that's the case and the BB is on a company BES then you'll need to contact the company's BES admin about this.

If it's a personal device, not on a company BES (and probably purchased second hand or a refurb) then search for "IT policy removal". There are detailed instructions on how to do this.
    Last edited by takeshi; 08-21-2007 at 09:30 AM.

jlancaster no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4012053A

The pearl doesn't have GPS internally so you'd have to use a Bluetooth "puck."

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hyedipin no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't get it. I had no problems installing JUNK on my pearl! Then I crashed it, had to restore the OS.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

I have an 8800 and want to try amAzegps on my BB. The Download list is all motorolla, Nokia, and Samsung phones. Any suggestions which phone model's program to download?
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ got a QA version for the 8800, can anyone help me configure my GPRS settings to make it work? I went in to TCP in advanced options but I'm in over my head on what APN means.