Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sup peeps, Hope all is well tonight. One of my co-worker informed me that his ... IT & Business Pros forum

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Yahoo Acct Got Hacked?

Advertisement

Sup peeps,

Hope all is well tonight. One of my co-worker informed me that his yahoo email account got hacked in to. The hacker somehow got in to his yahoo email account and changed his password, this hacker even changed his secret question!~ He received a confirmation email from yahoo stating that his email password has been changed. Holy cow!~ He did call yahoo for technical support, but his issue wasn't resolved. They just told him to re-create a new account.

Now, get this. Just last night, I tried logging in to my yahoo account, BAM!~ I tried three times and I couldn't get in!~ And I still couldn't login as of tonight.
    This really sux big time.

Has anyone else experienced this or heard of anyone involved in a situation like ours? I'm hoping that yahoo is just upgrading their servers and will resume back to normal.

vipz
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

r3nb72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    202a1a6f

Re: Yahoo Acct Got Hacked?

My Yahoo works fine. Im with .co.uk so that might have something to do with it.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

My yahoo.com account works fine.

HuwSy no está en línea Stack level 3

Just curious, what kind of password did you have, was sit a word out of the dictionary or a name or was it something random an alpha numeric?
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

I will test my hosting companys claims of unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth. Ideas?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats weird... When you sign up you put an alternate email address and when you forget or account gets hacked you have your password sent to your Alt. Email I had many accounts hacked due to gaming lol that always worked for me O well just my 2 cents :P

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

Dear goodness, let me check my account...dang....

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Always, ALWAYS, use at least one capital letter, 2 numbers, and 7 characters minimum long. Rule of thumb

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ got into my yahoo just fine.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had a previous problem where someone sent phishing emails to everyone on my Yahoo contacts list that looked like it was from me. Never figured out how that happened, but haven't had a problem since

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Sorry vyperz, no problems here. I have 3 accounts with Yahoo, never experienced this.

HuwSy no está en línea Stack level 3

BenMarvin: its easy to send an email as if its from any address as long as you have webspace with some form of server side scripting support, even if its running on your own system. More fun tho to send someone an email with absolutly no header info, no dates no from or reply to or anything, winds people up nicly around april 1st kind of time.
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

I will test my hosting companys claims of unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth. Ideas?

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    I had a previous problem where someone sent phishing emails to everyone on my Yahoo contacts list that looked like it was from me. Never figured out how that happened, but haven't had a problem since
    That happened to me two years ago and my wife thought I was cheating on her! The email was sent out on a work day during work hours and I had to bring her to my office to show her I could not access mail.yahoo.com from work due to a firewall. Anyway, that was the only time she questioned my integrity and all is good now.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Ya know bcuzi, it doesn't matter. That seed will ALWAYS be planted! That's what sucks about it.
    Course my wife has proven to me that celibacy other than procreation is the way to live life.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by HuwSy
    BenMarvin: its easy to send an email as if its from any address as long as you have webspace with some form of server side scripting support, even if its running on your own system. More fun tho to send someone an email with absolutly no header info, no dates no from or reply to or anything, winds people up nicly around april 1st kind of time.
    Would you kindly tell me how to block these!!! I get at least 20 per day that are from nobody, have nothing in them and are completely blank all around!! Makes me so frustrated.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I just configure my inbox for specific users and have the rest go into a junk file that I access whenever. That way I don't miss the inportant stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast