Lately I've been attempting to upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry. To do this, you ... IT & Business Pros forum

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3

windows help needed..file system problem?

Advertisement

Lately I've been attempting to upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry. To do this, you need to delete the vendor.xml file (in some cases). I have no idea what could be causing this but after "deleting" the vendor.xml file, the file stays there. It does not delete. Vista (Home Premium) goes through the motions...user account control kicks in and asks for my admin authentication, I see a dialog box with a progress bar, and then it asks me another time if I want to delete. But it doesn't delete it. It acts like it deleted it but the file doesn't move. I refreshed the folder, exited the folder and went back in, same thing. I rebooted (several times) and I get the same results. I don't know if this is a registry problem somewhere or what. I just deleted a Word07 file to see what happens and it deleted it instantly, so why the .xml file?

Any comments would be great. Thanks.

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Don't you have to dis-able user account control? I am an xp person ( for good reason) but I believe it has something to do with that being enabled= chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    That fixed the problem. I should've known it was some unnecessary Windows option....I never thought of that. thanks for the suggestion.