Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone know where I can find and install Win Zip? I need that to ... IT & Business Pros forum

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Win Zip

Advertisement

Does anyone know where I can find and install Win Zip? I need that to open the discs N8 sent me.

Thanks So Much.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Win Zip

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~have you tried www.download.com its the cnet website they have everything

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~No I haven't dfc420, but I will now. Thanks so much. Its a start.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Got it. All hooked up! Sweet!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Glad I could be of some service

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Darn john, if I would have seen your post I coulda sent it to ya, I already had it in an email! Sorry, glad you got it though!

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

winrar is a much better tool. Compresses files ~300 % more then zip. You guys should check it out.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by johnj41
    Does anyone know where I can find and install Win Zip? I need that to open the discs N8 sent me.

Thanks So Much.
    John, What OS are you running on your PC? The Explorer in XP will usually open files Zipped using WinZip.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I really have no idea what os its running Rcbjr. This whole fiasco has been a shear disaster.

I went to a local rental company hear where I live. Rented me a laptop. And the fun was on! :cry: First one would not hold a charge. Nor would it open up most of its preloaded apps. So I called and thru a hissy fit. And got them to bring me a another laptop. This one the screen was pure green. I literally spent like 4 hours trying to tweak the settings to get it viewable.

And guess what, it went totally. Black on me. So now im waiting till they open monday and getting my $180.00 back. By the way both laptops were IBM Thinkpads.
    You all just don't know how bad I wanted a laptop. I am so bummed right now. I feel like the kid on Christmas who just got the dream gift and no Batterys. :cry:

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I forgot to mention, the reason I needed the WinZip, was to open some files N8 hat sent me. They are zip files.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I have an IBM Thinkpad from work. It works generally for me..... Haven't explored all my function keys yet...
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I don't think the Thinkpad is a bad product. Its the way this place maintains them that is questionable. Now if I could just combine the first one with the second one, I'd have a working unit. Hahaha!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

John, If it's a new ThinkPad, it should have XP on it. I can just double click a zip file and it opens the file as a folder. Or you can right click on it and select extract all. Works on most zip files I have received. You can even zip a file using the right click/send to/compessed (zipped) folder.

Hope this help
    Rcbjr

tekgik no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204031B6

if you want something free, you could try 7zip

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

It is free/trial software that has additional pop up ads associated with it unless you buy it and if you do buy it those additional screens (nag screen) is gone. I also think with the purchased version u gain additional features even tho most ppl never use those in the first place.

Like Rcbjr wrote tho if you are running win xp it will handle zip files and there is no real need to have an additional program unless you simply need the extra feature or ability to do other things with the files. (password protect for example)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast