Crew, Anyone knows how to update the web browser for the BB? When I'm signed ... IT & Business Pros forum

DH
    DH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203AA62E

Web Browser Update

Advertisement

Crew,

Anyone knows how to update the web browser for the BB? When I'm signed in Ebay it prompts me to upgrade my browser. Also when going to some secure sights for eg.a bank, I cannot bet access due to the encryption settings. Any advise/assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    Best Regards,
    DH

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Web Browser Update

Don't think you can update it. The websites are thinking you are on a pc and using an old version on IE on the PC. Have you tried Opera Mini to get to it?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Try the Mini Opera Browser download it straight from you BB browser at http://mini.opera.com it's a nice browser and you can usually go places where the original browser is limited. Try it out! I see from your profile you have the 8700c it should work well.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

This has happened alot to customers of mine with old software, once I upgraded the software the problem did not occur. I know it happened to me one time in the beginning, make sure all the options are checked under browser configuration. Good luck.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Maybe the os needs to be updated? Otherwise try the Wap site:

wap.ebay.com

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Most bank sites will autodetect the browser, and if it's not IE or Netscape/Firefox, they won't let you in. Sucks, I know.
    Blackberry is one of the most secure handhelds. Maybe even more secure than Internet Explorer. We should get a free pass.