Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I use AVG personal edition (free, but nags) and Ad-Aware personal version on my home ... IT & Business Pros forum

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

Re: Virus

Advertisement

I use AVG personal edition (free, but nags) and Ad-Aware personal version on my home computers. The university has a Norton site-license that propagates to all university computers. I use the built-in Winder$ firewall.

On my Macs and linux boxen, I don't use anything for virus-checking. The built-in firewalls are fine and I stay away from places where I might catch something. So far, I've only had one infection and that was my fault. I downloaded something I shouldn't have...

HuwSy no está en línea Stack level 3

Oh someone to send a mac virus too, if only i knew of any... lol.
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

I will test my hosting companys claims of unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth. Ideas?

garran no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for all the responses and suggestions.
    Long story short, I corrupted or erased my operating system while trying to clean the virus out. Quickly realized Dell didn't - or I lost - the recovery disk so I have a few days laptop-free until those disks arrive from Dell.

In the meanwhile, I purchased Norton Internet Security Sweep and tested it on the office computer - 1 virus, 6 spyware/malwares. The previous arsenal of protection softwares I had implemented missed those.

Ad-Aware
    Spybot
    Microsoft Spyware Scanner
    AVG Anti-Virus
    Clam Win
    Norton something???

Ah well, the only way to ensure not to contract an STD is through abstenance, but we know that isn't going to happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12