Number One has been created, and they expect it to be a Tropical Storm soon. ... IT & Business Pros forum

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Tropical Depression Number One Is Here

Advertisement

Number One has been created, and they expect it to be a Tropical Storm soon. Such fun. It is forecast to come to Florida... oh joy...

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
    PC Webpage

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.wml
    mobile webpage

For anyone who wants info...
    And so the season begins... **gulp**

To get email updates from NOAA go here:
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/signup.shtml

To get the RSS feeds go here:
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutrss.shtml
    Last edited by melissaox; 06-10-2006 at 10:35 AM.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Tropical Depression Number One Is Here

Hurricane Charlie Let me tell you about that a-hole. Ive lived in a town that for the past 15 years has never even seen wind from a hurricane. All until MR. Charlie came to town. He destroyed my girl's house. and every single possession she had. My sister in law, her daughter and husband, and my 2 dogs were in the house and luckily were not hurt. They hid in a closet. Me and my girl, we were in the next town at my house not even 5 miles away, and all we got was wind. I have great respect for FEMA and American Red Cross and all those other agencies that help during these natural disasters. If anyone else cares to share their stories I would love to hear them.

anthony no está en línea Stack level 3

I have very good friends in Topeka, Kansas who related a story concerning tornados. Apparently, the white man intended to remove a hill for building progress but was warned by the red man not to do so else, disaster would ensue as the hill protected Topeka from the worst effects of the tornado. I am sure you can guess the rest.

canefanjon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400bcd90

i for one am not looking forward to this season...but i will however fair alot better than last year with WILMA...i lost my house to that bedrock queen....lol but did gain a generator and a travel trailor....

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

as of 10pm:

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Looks like its gonna leave way of Jacksonville? Remember my sister in law and her husband and daughter? Guess where they moved to?

Been in Florida for the past few years, so we lived through the fun times here... but my worst hurricane experience was Wilma in VA. You could hear the trees falling outside...

On a bright note, seems like this storm will be a mainly rain event, and may bring much needed rain to central florida. There is a fire burning at Disney...

Oh, my Florida hurricane story... well she is just over 1 and was born about 9 months after one of those Fl hurricanes
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ we now have tropical storm alberto.

Akwatic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    402F57CA

I went through Hurricane Hugo in September 1989 in Charlotte...for those of you who don't know, Charlotte is a good ~150 miles inland from the Atlantic coast, but we had big oak trees knocked onto our house and all over the place...no power for a couple weeks...could've been a lot worse though

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

We all got stuck either at home or outside the area we live in due to Allison a few years ago thanks to all the flooding she produced. You couldn't leave, and if you left, you had to wait because of the flooding, to get back in. I was in college when she hit and got stuck going in circles waiting for water to recede just to get back home. My dad tried to go to work one morning and had to turn around and come back home. My mom managed to leave but had to wait for the water to drain to get back home.

With Katrina last year, we were making plans to evacuate but she decided to go another direction. We only lost power and got rain for a few hours with Rita.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

I signed up for email and RSS feeds and I do not get them on time, I get them hours after other people have already found out the information. So Im unsubscribing and I figure since Im on here all day long, I can just look for updates from all of you!!! Thankx Melissaox.

Don't use the RSS feeds much but the emails work great for me. I signed up years ago, so maybe it is sent to people in the order they signed up. I usually get the info right away.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    3056468b

I still havent got the update that its a named storm, lol. I signed up for the Full Atlantic...

That's odd. I noticed after my last post I was getting my old sign up and new sign up at the same time. Is the email address its going to correct? Or forwarding to the BB. I send mine through yahoo as I get it immedeatly. Sometimes I know I have an email on my BB before I get the yahoo message.
    My Blog , My Flickr

My mom and dad are on thier way to Key West. She said they are passing Miami, but they can't really see the city at all as it is raining.
    My Blog , My Flickr