Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, was wondering what every one elses thoughts are on the things that are going ... IT & Business Pros forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Thoughts On The State Of The World Right Now?

Advertisement

Ok, was wondering what every one elses thoughts are on the things that are going on right now in the World, especially over the last two weeks.

As bad as it may sound, I think that we are closing approaching the possibility of a 3rd World War if things don't change quickly...

Now today the United States have gotten involved in the Israel situation, by blaming Syria and Iran for the kidnapping of the Israeli soldiers (Which I personally think was a dumb move to make, considering we have troops in Iraq right between Syria and Iran).

Obviously, the United States is going to back Israel if things really get to a head...At the same time we have North Korea trying out their missle system with mixed actions and feelings from Japan/China/Russia/Etc...

Then yesterday we have a terrorist attack in India killing almost 200 hundred people...

Just wondering what everyone thinks...

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Thoughts On The State Of The World Right Now?

I am thinking I am nervous about possibly leaving the US later this year.
    I dunno what is going to happen in the world, it is looking rather grim.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Nate, All I will say is our world is scary at best. I wont get into politics =) It gets my blood pressure pumping. Plus I get too passionate and dont type rationally!
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

Ron_P no está en línea Stack level 2

Not good. world war 3

delise no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312F6678

Heh, fitting there is a post made about this given this [early] morning's events in the Middle East. I'll have to agree, it is a scary world at the moment.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

its like either WW3 or the new Vietnam

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Now apparently it just came across that Hamas has launched a missle into an Israeli city...

This has the potential to get real bad, real quick...

My big complaint with the US on this is our leadership...Bush was at a press conference this morning in Germany, and was actually laughing...

I'm sorry, but this is no laughing matter, and the leader of the largest superpower in the world doesn't need to be laughing about anything right now. I don't care if Condelezza Rice just told him the funniest joke ever heard, it needs to be all about business right and keeping these countries from launching a full out assault on one and other...

tjunkie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203E690C

All these people has been fighting for tens of centuries for nothing. When will they ever learn to tolerate each other.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Where have you guys been? This has been going on as long as I can remember. The 80's and 90's were just as bad.

r3nb72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    202a1a6f

It is a real scary place right now. Just watched the news!
    It is at times like these that I am grateful I live in a country that doesn't have beef with anyone else. I feel so sorry for the people of the countries involved! It is innocent people that suffer the most from war! This world needs more love!

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I understand that it has been going on pretty much since the begining of time, but it seems as if right now is the boiling point...

One statement that I don't necessarily agree with is "We support Israel defending itself".

TECHNICALLY, they aren't really defending themselves...They are the actual aggressors in this recent conflict if you ask me. I understand that they started the attacks on the basis of freeing their captured soldier, however defending is when someone tries to invade or attack you, and I don't see that being the case here...

Just a side note....This is in Crackberry Cafe...There are no right or wrong answers, just wondering what everyones opinions and thoughts are...That being said, no need to flame anyone for anything they write here...Just an open discussion to share views.

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    ask

I agree that the UN resolution forming the State of Israel was wrong and that the land was Palestine for 1500 years and should remain Palestine. BUT...

If Canada or Mexico was raiding our borders kidnapping American citizens I'd want our Government to do something about it.

I personally wish we'd mind our own business and let the conflicting parties duke it out and determine a winner.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh! Man! Im not even going to get started. I, like bcuzi8paintchips, have been around a little longer in the world.

I understand were your coming from N8, but it is not as cut and dried as it may seem. We are, and more than likely, will be israels ally for a good long time to come. There are reasons for this I don't even want to go into.

I personally don't see the signs of a world war flaring any time soon. I can see how it would look that way. But you have to look at the subtle nuances of whats really happening. Most of the things that are going on have been going on since the late 60's. Its just that you as young adults are truly becoming aware of the world. And its problems. I know thats not coming across like I want it to. Im sorta at a loss for the correct words. Im not trying to say that anyone is immature. But as you age you look at things in a different light. You see them differntly than you do at say 20. You also have a broader knowledge base on which to temper those views.
    Yes the world is in a sad state. And yes it appears we are going to hell in a handbasket.

Oh well I need to quit before I dig myself in deeper here. I really hope I didn't offend anyone. That was not my intent. And if I have I deeply apologize.

Johnj41

PIN/ID
    ask

Settle down John!

You are way into your heart attack years! LOL

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I know thats why I quit. It was just all coming out all wrong. Lol! Whew!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast