Since I'll be a mother soon (baby girl due this Christmas), I'm thinking of taking ... IT & Business Pros forum

Excalibur no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Software Engineering Online Courses

Advertisement

Since I'll be a mother soon (baby girl due this Christmas), I'm thinking of taking a quick class in either software engineering or a business-related specialty (accounting?) in either DeVry or U of Phoenix online. Which career interest do you think will pay more and continue to progress over the years? Keep in mind that I'll be working full-time after maternity leave. My boyfriend always motivates me to finish my law degree, though; although it will take a longer time to finish. I plan on taking courses in another interest (software engineering or accounting) first to gain financial stability then finish my initial major later. Thoughts?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Software Engineering Online Courses

I think accounting should be pretty profitable if you don't mind dealing with numbers all day. I have a few friends that do accounting for businesses and they make a decent living. Then come tax season, it changes and they do returns so they end up making more money. I also know someone that only works during the tax season and pretty much takes the rest of the year off. Now that's not a bad idea if you ask me

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

My step mother is an accountant for a small manufacturing company. makes killer money, too bad she's so tight she squeeks. Anyway, there are many different fields of work that come along with accounting depending on what your interest is. It's not all about numbers all the time..lol.

My vote: Accounting
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I can't recommend either, school, but I can say one thing. A quick course in software engineering won't do much for your future employment, unless you take the whole curiculum. Without a degree, there's not many employers that will even look at your resume.

I agree with your husband, if you've already started a law degree. It will probably be quicker to finish that.

Rcbrj.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles