Received this from our Corporate Security Department today. British authorities have foiled a terrorist plot ... IT & Business Pros forum

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

SECURITY VIGILANCE IN THE WAKE OF LONDON TERRORIST PLOT

Advertisement

Received this from our Corporate Security Department today.

British authorities have foiled a terrorist plot this morning to bomb aircraft flying from the United Kingdom to the United States. The Department of Homeland Security has taken immediate steps to increase security measures in the aviation sector in coordination with heightened security precautions in the United Kingdom. For that reason, the United States Government has raised the nation’s threat level to Severe, or Red, for commercial flights originating in the United Kingdom bound for the United States.

The threat level has been raised to High, or Orange, for all commercial aviation operating in or destined for the United States. The Transportation Security Administration is prohibiting any liquids, including beverages, hair gels, and lotions from being carried onto an aircraft and this may soon include all electronic devices such as Blackberrys, cell phones, computers, MP3 players, key fobs, etc.
    Corporate Security maintains continuing contact with the Department of Homeland Security, FBI and other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies and participates in the Joint Terrorism Task Force.

There is no information to indicate that we are being targeted or is specifically at risk. Further, the threat level for the electric sector has not been raised and remains at Yellow or Elevated.

All employees must take security seriously and be vigilant. Employees should be alert for anyone acting in a suspicious manner or requesting information, attempting to enter or photographing our facilities under suspicious circumstances. Any suspicious behavior or situations should be reported immediately to law enforcement and corporate security. For reasons of operational security, sensitive company information must only be shared with those who have an authorized need to know. It is expected that supervisors and managers continue to communicate our security expectations to our contractors and vendors.

Our highest priority is the safety and security of our employees.

PIN/ID
    ask

Re: SECURITY VIGILANCE IN THE WAKE OF LONDON TERRORIST PLOT

The relevence to this forum is the ability to carry on our electronic devices. That would be really bad.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

I travel a lot, to not have the ability to carry my bb with me would be AWFUL!!! I get a good hour at each layover, or worse, when there is a delay, to be able to contact people, arrange new flights, etc. cant do that if its in my checked baggage.

PIN/ID
    ask

Zactly!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Can you imagine how many angry crackberry addicts there would be if they showed up to the airport and were told "you can't take your blackberry with you?".

Forget about terrorists, you'd have berryists!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

It'll have to go in checked baggage. Make sure you wrap it up tight!

PIN/ID
    ask

Don't mess with PinStack Threadjackers!

delise no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312F6678

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ presently they tell you not to check laptops.
    I don't think anyone is really dumb enough to say no electronics in carryon. All the passengers would be leaping out of the plane of boredom. Bad enough business travelers can't take toiletries with them anymore, we don't need planes full of people gone crazy from boredom.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

All I know is that my vacation has been revoked so that we could install new security features at work. We are installing X ray and sniffer machines. And this does make me nervouse. We have to learn how to use them so that we can teach our employees how to use them effectively. Where I work is part of our main airport here in Wichita. And yeah I am just a little worried about all this terrorism threats and plots going on around the world. :cry: It just really saddens me in a way that I can not put into words.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't able to pack basic toiletries to travel with. I fly to camp every summer and all of the stuff being prohibited is stuff I take with me as carryon to prevent spillage. I'm also on a lot of medication and now some medications are even prohibited. I guess I won't be flying anymore if this is still in place next summer. I will be riding a van there. This will make what would be a 1 hour flight a 5 hour drive for me.

zugga no está en línea Stack level 3

not too worried about taking my bb/laptop on board with me, but you can't take bottled water on board:cry: always take my only bottled water for the flight, now i cant?????