I could not believe this either. They shut this poor womans power off for just ... IT & Business Pros forum

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Power Shut off for one cent!!!!

Advertisement

I could not believe this either. They shut this poor womans power off for just one cent.
    Here is the link
    http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/raw?dp=rssne...q8C0ig6hxBJs.u

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Power Shut off for one cent!!!!

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~it happens. Sometimes a computer program doesn't understand than one cent is nothing. What it sees is a past due bill that hasn't been paid.
    Sucks for her. What is she running that she has over a grand due for power? Maybe she should turn some lights off.

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

People waste so much energy in this country. And you wonder why oil stays high... If we conserved 1/10 of 1 percent, nationally, it would make a big impact. and thats .01 percent!!

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~it happens. Sometimes a computer program doesn't understand than one cent is nothing. What it sees is a past due bill that hasn't been paid.
    Sucks for her. What is she running that she has over a grand due for power? Maybe she should turn some lights off.
    Mel you so silly...."Turn off some lights" LOL but sometimes we have things in our home that are faulty that needs repair....I had a fridge it used to hum I took it for nothing, but when I had the energy conservation rep from my electric company come out to check it turns out the fridge was burning most of the energy so they gave me a whole new fridge...LOL
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    My gas & electric was $930 in December. It had nothing to do with waste, just a huge old drafty house and high gas prices.

Lovellbird

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSE79
    People waste so much energy in this country. And you wonder why oil stays high... If we conserved 1/10 of 1 percent, nationally, it would make a big impact. and thats .01 percent!!
    Exactly. I'm a big fan of Number 1 outside. Conserves water, and electric for the 20 seconds the light is on. I'm saving!

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Lol Ben!
    It does happen though. Nextel shut me off a few years back for 30 cents. Just a typo when I paid the bill online. Needless to say, it cost them 50 bucks when I threw a fit. I had been a customer paying 200 bucks a month, never late for several years prior to that. I told them I was leaving and they gave me a credit on my account. Course now I'm with TMO lol.
    Lovell, even being an old inefficient house, 900 clams is ridicculous!!!!! I have a newer average 3 bedroom colonial and the highest I got this winter was like $385. Man I feel good! Now I drive a lot and my Mobil bill is running $800-$1000 a month, but I think I'd cry if my gas/electric was that high!

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Now that I read the story, nothing surprises me. Its Flint, aka "Little Detroit" total mismanagement of everything. People working for the unions making $60K a year, still figuring out a way to collect welfare. Joke of a city. ( I live in Ann Arbor like an hour south of there)

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    Now I drive a lot and my Mobil bill is running $800-$1000 a month, but I think I'd cry if my gas/electric was that high!

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Let me clarify Erica, my EXXON/MOBIL bill not mobile bill LOL
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads