Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have a different perspective on this. I had been using Macs since inception in ... IT & Business Pros forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: PC or Mac??

Advertisement

I have a different perspective on this. I had been using Macs since inception in '84. While I found a good deal of positives with it, I am much happier with the PC's ive had over the past 4 years. More software. I actually have fewer bugs, although others seem to have experienced differently. Plus, I do no graphic work at all, which is one of the main positives of the Mac. Just my .02

gabe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2022D44B

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    PC. All the way. Forever. Never Mac. I'm not a hippie artist, I don't do graphics. And I'm no newbie fool, so I like the challenge of windows.

But I've always wanted to give Linux a shot.
    I don't think newbie has anything to do with it. I don't feel like spending hours installing spyware/adware removers, installing system updates, changing registry keys, blah blah blah. Windows is an absolute nightmare to keep running. Every other week theres some virus/worm going around.

You don't have to be an artist to use a Mac. I do application development for work on Windows using VisualStudio and I hate it. I look forward to going home to my Mac.
    PIN: 2022D44B
    Cingular BB 7290
    my free blog hosting

Amondra no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4010FC01

Well, i have both, my PC is for Counter Strike but for typical everyday use im always on my g4. Something about windows scares me...

pain no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20406B04

I get the Mac or PC question 5 times a day. I always tell people it really comes down to personal choice, but I also have some points to ponder.

First. Support. Go for what your freinds/family/co-workers have. These are your first responders when you have an issue and they will be more able to help you on the platform they have/know.

Second. Comfort. If you don't feel the need to switch then don't. Why make trouble for yourself. The other platform may be new and cool, but if you aren't trying to solve a particular problem then you will probably end up frustrated by the learning curve. In either direction.

Lastly, Nothing is free. If your current platform is a pain then consider a switch. But be realistic. Think about the expense of purchasing the software you will need, the learning curve of a new os and just the pain in the *** of converting.

And remember, if you a switching to a mac you may still need a pc for work (I do.) so you may not be losing the ball and chain of the PC.

I hope this helps.

pain.bb@gmail.com

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

LOL
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

tekgik no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204031B6

Any Intel Mac's would do the trick now. Using Bootcamp or Parallels, there's not much of an excuse left. Give it a shot, I did and all I can say is, should have done it sooner.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

Quote Originally Posted by Malfo
    Take it from me, [i'm a windows admin], the world would be a much better place if everyone used macs, then again I wouldn't have a job.
    i would have to disagree with this. if everyone used a mac the virus/spyware writers out there would turn their eyes on OSX. its not like the mac is impenetrable, its just that nobody tries. what's the point. you would only be hurting 4% of the market.

on another note. i have both in my office. i do graphics/video all day long. i prefer the pc. the mac slows me down.

just asking this question is asking for the longest and most tiring debate in the tech industry. the militant mac/pc users will be along soon i am sure.
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

There have been a lot of good points raised here. The fact of the matter is that if you are a graphic artist, MAC is the way to go, they traditionally had better graphics, that is not the case anymore, but the industry still uses them widely.

If on the other hand you are looking for home or other business use, PC is the way to go.

Driften no está en línea Stack level 1

I am a mac user. For me its a much better OS then windows. You should know that I normally use Linux when not on my mac. I only use Windows for games. One great thing is with bootcamp and such you can run both mac and windows on the same machine. Virtual PC is not a good setup for windows needs. Mac's are much more expensive though!

Webby no está en línea Stack level 3

Mac. I have both though and my PC is faster.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

PC for me! Software is the key, and my graphics match anything Apple puts out.

stheo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D72256

Another Mac user here. I'm hoping to upgrade to a MacBook Pro here in the next couple months which I've heard are the best notebooks yet.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Ok, so is it true like on those silly new commercials they are running that Mac's dont get viruses? Can they be hacked into?
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Thea1981 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

There r more viruses for pcs than macs which is why alot of companies r switching to mac or so i hear. We have both in our household....I love my sony vaio but also love our mac osx 10.4.7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast