Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone here live in Key West? I am thinking of moving there... And was ... IT & Business Pros forum

delise no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312F6678

Paradise

Advertisement

Does anyone here live in Key West? I am thinking of moving there... And was wondering if I could find someone that either lives there or has lived there. Thanks!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Paradise

Ive been to Key West a couple of times. Ive also watched Real World Key West! Would never live there though. Hurricane Alley!

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

I agree, I would pass instantly just because of hurricanes.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ my parents went there recently. Great to visit, an odd place to live. A lot of strange people there. Not a place for kids either.
    Not only hurricanes, but wild roaming chickens as well.

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Wild roaming chickens??!!?? Now I have to move there!!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

MMMM, wild roaming chickens are the best for eating!!! That's it, I'm moving down there!!! Key west is nice, but I have watched that Real World CP is talking about, and wow, I wouldn't want to live there, just because of the hurricanes...

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ my parents went there recently. Great to visit, an odd place to live. A lot of strange people there. Not a place for kids either.
    Not only hurricanes, but wild roaming chickens as well.
    She hit the nail on the head! KW is extremely liberal...as far left as you can go. Not that there's anything wrong with that; I just don't like explaining to my 6yo stuff like "2 men kissing."

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Ive been to Key West a couple of times. Ive also watched Real World Key West! Would never live there though. Hurricane Alley!
    Dude, you've been creamed by more "Canes" then KW! Lately they either it ya'll, us or the pan handle. Didn't you get slammed by Charlie year b4 last?

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by delise
    Does anyone here live in Key West? I am thinking of moving there... And was wondering if I could find someone that either lives there or has lived there. Thanks!
    Google "fantasy fest" and you'll see, hear and read all about Key West.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by bcuzi8paintchips
    Dude, you've been creamed by more "Canes" then KW! Lately they either it ya'll, us or the pan handle. Didn't you get slammed by Charlie year b4 last?
    Charlie was a big butt head! Read here for my post about that mean 'ol storm. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=2998

I hope this year wont be as bad as the last two. Each Hurricane came through here and it was so bad. We could have evacuated so many times (but didnt cuz Im stubborn)!

There was an article in the local paper about the chickens... and mom verified it for me. It is odd.

Um.... another possible, well issue... Key West has, well, a big nudist retreat....
    My parents almost accidently booked it. Imagine that! My parents are not conservative... but.... ick

I would have to say Key West has avoided hurricanes recently... but that can change fast.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Maybe the hurricanes are avoiding keywest?

wild roaming chickens
    a big nudist retreat....
    "2 men kissing."

LOL.... you might be right... too open there even for a hurricane
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Don Q no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    25E3110E

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~KW was a great visit very liberal and laid back. It seems to me though that it might be spendy to live there and lots of visitors. That's just my impression.

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Charlie was a big butt head! Read here for my post about that mean 'ol storm. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=2998

I hope this year wont be as bad as the last two. Each Hurricane came through here and it was so bad. We could have evacuated so many times (but didnt cuz Im stubborn)!
    We got slammed by Katrina and Wilma last year. My screened enclosure and roof still have not been fixed. Now they are talking about raising insurance rates 70%. I already pay $8K/yr. Miami's getting too expensive to live here.

On the plus side, my home, which I purchased only 3 years ago for $300K is now worth $900K. It's time to "git!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast