Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

well i have been pondering this for a while and finaly decided to go through ... IT & Business Pros forum

goobah no está en línea Stack level 3

oh the pain

Advertisement

well i have been pondering this for a while and finaly decided to go through with it. and a week later i find myself in as much pain as the second day. last friday i had a vasectomy. and after reading everything there possably is about it and talked myself into not and then "to" do it. there was some questions that i had to answer. some of the hardest wasabout having more kids. i have 2 beautiful children Dave Jr is 3 and a half and my daughter Chloe just 5 months. i have been blessed with 2 healthy adorable kids. my fear was i have a heretatary muscle disease related to Muscular distrophy. nothing to major, if you were to have a disease from the MD famliy this is the one you would want. i dont show any signs of it but my mother and brother do ( again nothing major).
    so one question was do we tempt fate and have 1 more when we allready have 2 healty children and risk the 3rd to have issues. or get snipped and be happy with what we have? ill tell ya it took me a good few months durring my wifes pregnancy and after to decide to do it.
    so here i am 1 week after the proceedure and holy vice grips am i sore.
    this is a big secret in my family so that is why i think i am spilling my guts out here. seeing as i dont know anyone personaly yet from here i ifeel safe.
    but i am nervouse and would like to know if anyone has gone through this. and should i be in pain this much? i have no one to talk to about this except the doctor who says give it another week then ill take a look.
    well...... thats it in a "nut" shell.
    sorry for the long read but i feel better being able to tell some one.
    good thing i got the plazmic theme builder!!! its been keepn me busy.
    Dave.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Re: oh the pain

I feel your pain. Had it done at a few years ago and it was sore for a while Id say about 3 weeks total pain although the first week almost killed me. It is worth the pain in my opinion. My friend also had it done and he bounced back in a week Lucky man he was...
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

oh and i think i am officialy a crackberry now seeing as i keep refereshing this page every 15 seconds to if someone has posted yet

Chronic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21314C1D

Hmm. Well I had it done after 4th child. Bounced back within a few days. Lucky. BUT be sure and do the followup checks, my story is scary. I was checked a few mo later, then another, but did not do the 3rd or 4th check. Don't remember which one it was. We had moved a couple times. Then after about 18mo after having it done got letter. Stating that they had found a lost lab report of mine. Says it appearred they cut something but not what was intended. wtf? I went back in found out I was still shooting. not blanks as I had thought for 18mo. Had to have it done AGAIN. Seems they say they might have just cut a piece of scar tissue or something. Wild.
    I always fall into the 1 in a million. Jeez!
    Have fun

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ oh dear god why???????!!!!!!

why not. think of the bennies, being in my 30's married 7 years been together for 14 years. she is deffinatly te women i want to be with forever, and we dont want any more kids, PERFECT! im thinking of all the money im gunna save not having to buy hefties anymore.

clmccullough no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    324A7733

hahahahahaha...
    BB PIN: 32B102A8
    AIM: jnbsdad
    BB AIM: clm blackberry
    EMail:
    mailto: jnbsdad@gmail.com

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's a tough decision to make, and then follow through on.

But most would think that you've made the responsible decision.

Feel better soon!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I can almost relate to the original poster's story. My brother almost had it done after my second niece was born (she's now 3 1/2) but decided against it. LOL My 3rd niece is now a month old and my sister in law had her tubes tied the same day my niece was born (July 20). She's still sore a little bit which I bet is what my brother would feel if he'd had this done. Hope you feel better.

jarot48 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244BA859
    I been trying to get it done for a couple of years, my doctor keeps telling me I'm way to young(33) but I'm just trying to do the responsible thing. I know I don't want children.

im 32 jarot. do you have any kids?
    kids are the best thing in the world. i just dont want 12!

clmccullough no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    324A7733

You know what's even worse than getting it done?

Having it not take and having "ANOTHER" miracle baby. I guess that's not worse its just then you're thrust into the unexpected and that's never fun.
    BB PIN: 32B102A8
    AIM: jnbsdad
    BB AIM: clm blackberry
    EMail:
    mailto: jnbsdad@gmail.com

jarot48 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244BA859

No, no kids for me. I just know that i'm not the right person to be a dad. I can be a great uncle or godfather (whish I am) but not a dad. My life is to busy and I enjoy traveling and doing my own thing to much. There are some people who are not right to be a dad, I think I am one of them.

The last thing I want to do is get married and have kids because it is "the right thing to do". My mom still ask me when I'm going to make her a grand mother. It just don't feel right to me.

I have friends that are married with kids and are misserable. everytime we get together all they do is complain and nag about their lifes. I tell them what i'm doing (going on trips, football games, vagas, etc...) and they get allpissed off because thay cant go.

Is just not me.
    Jarot48
    PIN 244BA859

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I completely agree with you Jarot!

I too feel the same way in EVERY aspect.

Funny thing though: if some girl got pregnant, she could go to a clinic and get an abortion (likely for free) NO questions asked, not even "what's your name?".

And here you are, trying to do the right thing, and your doctor refuses you!! (The same thing happened to a friend of mine after his second divorce.)

Perhaps those clinics ought to expand and offer not only terminations, but also sterilisations...on the same terms: free, no questions asked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast