Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks TechiGirl, its a buyers market right now in my area, houses are about 25,000 ... IT & Business Pros forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: New Home

Advertisement

Thanks TechiGirl, its a buyers market right now in my area, houses are about 25,000 to 50,000 lower than the past two years.

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Its going to be that way here too soon. That's why I'm selling now. That and I want to get the heck outa here.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Where you going to Jim, wanna move up to my city, we could all hang out! You can come work for me, I need a good partner, and I mean work partner!

Status on the house buying: We bid on another house, the guy countered and would not accept, and all we asked was to go down $7,000. Oh well, Im not in a hurry, what is meant to be will happen. I am going around today to look at more homes, I actually like driving around looking for homes for sale!

PIN/ID
    ask

I have two open options. Director of Reliability Solutions for a Petroleum Company in LA, OR build 7 new nuclear plants in England. I want to get as far away from Florida as I can.

Dude, I know nothing about phones so I wouldn't make a very good work partner! LOL

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Thanks TechiGirl, its a buyers market right now in my area, houses are about 25,000 to 50,000 lower than the past two years.
    Man...I guess I need to pack up and move there. Houses are insanely over inflated here. A tiny little rowhouse in a not so great neighborhood is going for $200,000. CRAZY!!!
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by TechieGirl
    Man...I guess I need to pack up and move there. Houses are insanely over inflated here. A tiny little rowhouse in a not so great neighborhood is going for $200,000. CRAZY!!!
    Those are $400 - $600K here in Miami.

berry-bum no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry Cribs! I love it! Thanks for the welcome guys. I've been here for over a year, registered in March, and just keep quiet most of the time. I'm always lurking in the shadows...
    Don't let the number of posts fool you...

8310 4.5.0.69 (2.7.0.72)

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

are ound the same here in silicon Valley.Cali, here the fixer upper are 800K.. a total joke they need todo something about the housing in Cali, and from the looks of it in Fl too. We were looking into bonita springs, fort meyers, naples, sarasota...

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hey racin, you should look in North Port. Its on of the largest cities in Florida, land wise, with brand new developments all over. I lived there for 17 years until I recently moved 2 minutes south to Port Charlotte.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow Re: New Home

You all should try Myrtle Beach, SC ! It's a sellers market so to speak and also there are brand new homes popping up all the time here!!
    And it's not Florida(I know I used to live in Kissimmee) LOL!!

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

I feel your pain TechieGirl. My gf and I were driving around checking out homes for sale in Catonsville (near Baltimore) a few weeks ago. For those not from Maryland, its a suburb of Baltimore with a small-town feel. Think slightly updated Mayberry half an hour from a major metropolitan center. We found a neighborhood we really liked and a nice house on a wooded lot that I thought might be within reason, given that home prices in Baltimore are still pretty reasonable. This house was $600K, well beyond anything else we saw in the same area, including houses that were larger. And they may just get it. I used to be a Realtor (I am still licensed, but inactive) and my friends in the industry say things are slowing down around here, but they're not backing up, meaning prices aren't coming down. At least not yet.

One thing to keep an eye on though, as interest rates increase. Expect to see a lot of foreclosures as people who bought homes they couldn't really afford with interest-only mortgages can't keep up with the higher monthly payments. Most of the Realtors I worked with at the time they became popular were very wary of them for exactly this reason. But what can you say to someone who comes to you with a preapproval letter for X dollars? "I'm not going to find a house for you because I don't like interest-only mortgages"? No, you get them the best deal you can on a house that makes them happy and you wish them the best of luck. Unfortunately, the chickens are coming home to roost.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Ok stackers, thanks for all the crossed fingers and prayers for me! I actually found a house, bid on it the next day and our offer was accepted. YAY! So on September 12th, I will own my first home. And on 8-31 it is my birthday, so Ill be 26, and my girl will turn 24 on 9-22, so I think we are doing pretty good! I will post pics in a few days for you guys. The home was $240,000, we got it for $180,000! What a steal. Thankx again.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Congrats Chris, Hope everything goes smoothly now.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Good job Chris and Congrats. Good luck with the inspections and closing! Let us know if you have any questions on the inspections.

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~congrats on the home

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast