Just wanted to see if anyone else has been experiencing issues with this? I've had ... IT & Business Pros forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

.NET Framework issues?

Advertisement

Just wanted to see if anyone else has been experiencing issues with this? I've had both QuickBooks Enterprise and ACT! fail company wide in the last two days and it seems to be related to .Net Framework 2.0. It seems like perhaps there was an automatic Microsoft update that may be the root cause. I'm curious if anyone else has run across this?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    In case anyone else does run into this - I just got an email from Quickbooks including the following: "It turns out that the Microsoft update introduced a problem in the .NET 2.0 Framework"

I haven't had any major network training so it's cool to know I figured out the problem and solution on my own. I'm such a geek

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    One of my many peeves with Microsoft is that the .NET Framework releases are neither forward nor backward-compatible... you need the one you have, no matter how many later ones you may install .

So...let us look at the silver lining: at least when they screwed up 2.0 they did not damage any others!!

[Of course this might be wishful thinking.... ]

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Intuit sent a notice to everyone about the issue. The Pro-Advisors recieved the email the day before the update when quicken discovered the problem. All others received it apparently after the update was installed and the problem came up. Gotta love Micro$oft.

Zo

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I received the email notice from quickbooks a week after the first systems started failing! Seeing as the majority of our employees' workload is based on QB and ACT, it's somewhat of a problem when those two programs go down (insert sarcasm here), especially when I'm out at customer sites and not even in the office to troubleshoot. I just love those panicked calls from multiple employees plus the owner of the company telling me to magically fix it from afar. It really would have been nice to have some advanced notice! :-)

I'm unhappy with Microsoft for distributing an automatic update that didn't play nice with others (even though it should no longer surprise me), and I'm unhappy with Intuit for not letting me know as soon as they knew... I am paying for their support plan - it seems like not being able to open QB at all would be something they might want to address!

It's nice to be able to vent on here, even about things other than my BB!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by gritsinct; 04-19-2008 at 10:50 PM.