Hello everyone, I'm an IT guy trying to solve a thorny issue. I've got a ... IT & Business Pros forum

gedraxx no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Need help with running BIS and syncing Outlook at same time!

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I'm an IT guy trying to solve a thorny issue. I've got a user with an 8830 who needs to be able to receive his email at all times with the minimum amount of hassle, but also permanently get his Outlook contacts copied to his Blackberry. Our company doesn't have BES, so I thought the easiest way to do this would be to run BIS on his Blackberry to connect to the company's Exchange server, and have the user sync to his contacts through BB Desktop Manager. However, when I tried that, I found that it seemed only one of the two could be done at any one time. As I saw, if he was connecting through BIS, I couldn't have the servicebooks on his blackberry forDesktop Manager and still have it work.

Is there something I'm missing here? It seems like this can't be this hard to do! Also, is it possible to permanently copy the Outlook contacts to the BB one time, to get around this issue?

Thanks for any help on this issue!

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I'm running my exchange account on bis and syncing my address book with outlook... Same as your scenario...

Here's what I did when I had bis and needed to sync contacts as well...

If you run the exchange account on BIS, you'll get all your emails.

The contacts will get synced with outlook. For that, I copied the exchange address book to my personal address book in outlook.

From there, I set up the sync from DM to do a two way sync with my phone.

The first time it ran, it copied everything I had in my outlook address book to my BB and everything on my bb to my outlook address book.

From there on, everytime I added a contact to the bb or to the outlook address book, it was copied over to the other device without any issue.

Let me know if that makes sense and if it works for you...

gedraxx no está en línea Stack level 1

Fixed!

Thanks everyone! I managed to solve it by uninstalling DM and reinstalling the latest version as a non-work account to force it to use BIS. Seems to work like a charm now!

zlatan24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Do you know,once I worked with my PIM and happened unexpectedly thing,all my data were deleted.I didn't know what to do,and accidentally found in one big forum-pst eml.Tool was free as far as I remember,besides that program recover all my data in one minute,it can also recover data after power failures, viruses, hacker attacks and file system corruption can affect mailbox stability and corrupt files of PST format.