Hi All I am hoping that someone can help me with this........ I have a ... IT & Business Pros forum

NBakshi no está en línea Stack level 1

Lotus Notes Calendar not syncing with 8100

Advertisement

Hi All

I am hoping that someone can help me with this........

I have a problem with the 8100 not syncing the calendar properly with Lotus Notes 5.0.12.

The error is that some but not all the Notes calendar entries are missing on the 8100.

I have reset the calendar to sync thro' the usb cable, confirmed that all the entries are on the 8100 then reset sync to wireless, within a couple of hours some entries have disappeared. Desktop software has been reinstalled and is ver 4.2, 8100 OS is 4.2.0.51.

I have changed back to a Blackberry 8700 and I have experienced no problems with the calendar since....

Thanks

Nav

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Lotus Notes Calendar not syncing with 8100

Nav,

Is this a new issue? Have you recently changed your Operating System?

ljbyar

thanks for coming back,

Yes, this is a new issue and only occurred after changing device and software.

Unfortunately there have been no other changes to the pc, the upgrade was from device 8700 and Blackberry Desktop Manager v4.0 to device 8100 and Blackberry Desktop Manager v4.2; retaining the desktop software at v4.2 and changing the device back to the 8700 has stopped calendar entries going missing..........but I'd like to use the 8100 as I need to use the camera facility.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

You can try deleting and UNdeleting the Desktop[CICAL] service book; or clear out the calendar database thru the advance backup and restore options via the Desktop Manager

Thanks cwakulik

Will try out your suggestions but am not sure what you mean by UNdelete the Desktop[CICAL], I have found the delete option but cannot see an undelete option on the device, do you mean that we send the Desktop back from the BES ?

Nav

PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Quote Originally Posted by NBakshi
    Thanks cwakulik

Will try out your suggestions but am not sure what you mean by UNdelete the Desktop[CICAL], I have found the delete option but cannot see an undelete option on the device, do you mean that we send the Desktop back from the BES ?

Nav
    After you delete a service book, you click the trackwheel/trackball again and the option to UNdelete will be there. Yes this will resend the service book; You can also have your BES admin just resend service books as well

Apologies for no feedback, have been on leave........ I still have the same problems despite deleting the CICAL, and have a few other users also losing calendar entries, I have logged a call with our supplier (BT) who are now liasing with RIM.
    Any further suggestions will be welcomed, if I get a resolution from RIM then I'll let you know,

Thanks

Nav

Smile Re: Lotus Notes Calendar not syncing with 8100

All

We appear to have resolved the problem by following advice from RIM to run the following Notes Domino commands on the user state databases on the domino server;

Fixup
    Updall -R
    Compact -c

The above commands were run 2 weeks ago and all the affected Blackberry handhelds are now running correctly without any other work being done.

Hope this helps someone else out there.

Nav

PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

that's good to know