I am new to this forum, so. I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8120, just got ... IT & Business Pros forum

Tom225 no está en línea Stack level 1

Is this a virus????

Advertisement

I am new to this forum, so. I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8120, just got it in June. I have had no problems untill now. I was riding dirtbikes with a buddy of mine and I mistakingly had my BB in my pocket. I got done riding and pulled it out and noticed that the trackball was hard to get to select something. So I googled the issue and tryed to solve it myself. I took the phone apart and tryed to see if their was a pice of lint or something in the trackball. When I put my phone back together the speaker phone would not work nor the ringtone so I figued my external speaker is messed up. But I don't know what to do please help me!!!!!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I know this answer is all too common but you can always try to wipe the phone and see if this was a software issue which I highly doubt. I've never heard anyone before that has ever cleaned a trackball only to install back and lose function of speaker phone and ring tones. Did you get it wet while riding?

mdh00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you loved your Pearl then you would definitely love one of the blackberry big boys. Maybe you should take this time to consider a upgrade? Sorry for your misfortune.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ya, I didn't get it wet but I just got the phone and it would cost a lot to upgrade so I might just live with it.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    If you just go it, it should still be under warranty. But if the can tell you open it.....

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I would make sure the tab in your battery insert is still white and has not turned red. If it doesn't look like you obviously have pulled the trackball I would take it back and see if they would warranty it. What have you got to lose. The worst case scenario is that they would say no.

First of all I don't want to be away from my black berry for more than a week and I know it would take BB longer than that. The tab is red yes so my warranty is void.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's unfortunate that the article you found didn't tell you how to remove the trackball properly (rather than taking the entire device apart).
    Kudo's for doing it and not breaking the side-rails (most people do)

See if the spec's for that particular model are posted somewhere, take it apart again and fix the alignment for where the speaker is (my guess is, it's just misaligned and not touching the contacts).

Obviously, you've already voided your warranty by taking it apart...and the service centre might just notice.

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Red Sticker = Water Damage.
    Warranty = Gone.

However what I did 1 time . Is I got water damage to my old 8800. Put it under my truck and ran it over.
    Ofcourse it's going to have water damage when I live in ohio and it was in a puddle! .
    BUT they couldn't prove anything else besides It did infact get run over.
    Vwalla - New Phone From Warranty.
    However, I did actually drop the phone into the toilet in a drunkin stupper. but Hey ...they dont know that

Thanks I appreciate it, I took it apart agin tonight and it had a pice of lint on the triminale from the motherboard to the speaker now it works great!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

robertm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Definately not a virus Perhaps some bacteria from the mud it got into it